Thread: Motor and ESC for Telemaster 40 Deluxe

Motor and ESC for Telemaster 40 Deluxe

So I am confused.....
    For telemaster 40 deluxe, website recommends
    ERCBL46 eRC .46 Brushless Motor with
    ERCE085P eRC 85A Opto Brushless ESC

If I look at the motor itself, the suggested controller
    is model # 65SB (ERCE065SB) which is $20 less

Why is it inconsistent? Which one do I need?

Thanks

rclogger

Hi,Great question. The 65A is just the factory suggested ESC. The Telemaster has many servos and the load on the included BEC could overload that circuit. We went with the 85A and a separate BEC on ours to eliminate that risk. Sure it might be a little overkill, but it works and will last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Hi,Great question. The 65A is just the factory suggested ESC. The Telemaster has many servos and the load on the included BEC could overload that circuit. We went with the 85A and a separate BEC on ours to eliminate that risk. Sure it might be a little overkill, but it works and will last a long time.
    OK, that makes sense but then why not use ERCE085SB which is also 85A ESC but it has 5A BEC included? It is a bit cheaper than buying the BEC separately...?

That has the same BEC circuit as in the 65A version.

BEC for ERC085P

That has the same BEC circuit as in the 65A version.
    sorry but I am still confused. ERCE085SB has 5A BEC. Are you suggesting that 5A is not enough to
    power servos and transmitter? I see that recommended BEC for ERC085P is ERCBEC6.
    It is 6A thus only 20% more.

5A should be enough, should. The 5A circuit that is integrated into the ESC board gets hotter and works more than a separate BEC circuit. It's just the route we chose to go. There are many ways to get this done, some choose to use 4 cell NiMH batteries to power the servos.

5A should be enough, should. The 5A circuit that is integrated into the ESC board gets hotter and works more than a separate BEC circuit. It's just the route we chose to go. There are many ways to get this done, some choose to use 4 cell NiMH batteries to power the servos.
    OK , thanks for your advice