At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Christmas - Telemaster

Christmas - Telemaster

It is a good Christmas when you get Sr. Teleaster. It arrived today and I'm looking forward to building it. Already have Asnowman's notes printed out and have watched the online videos.

will report back during the build and ask questions as they come up.

Scott
    Last edited by HDvid; 01-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Wing Step 16 questions

Making good progress on the SR Telemaster. More importantly having a ton of fun!

step 16 questions:
    1. The set has 1" triangle stock but no 3/4" triangle stock. Do I use 1" stock at the trailing edge?

2. "Cut and glue pieces of 3/8" triangle stock (corrected 1/4") to W14 and WT between the leading edge and the gusset and between the gusset and the trailing edge. Do I just use the 1/4" stock and glue it between the 1" triangle stock and the gusset at the bottom of the "V"? Similar to the 1" triangle stock? This is for W15 and WT?

3. Three of the spars arrived warped. Do I just pin the straight or replace them?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0240.jpg  
    Last edited by HDvid; 01-05-2013 at 05:06 PM.

1. Yes, just use a piece of the 1" triangle stock at the trailing edge.

2. You understand this correctly. The small triangle stock is simply to reinforce the bottom joint between the wing rib and the wing tip sheet. On mine I actually forgot to do this but the joint was good and it is not all that necessary.

3. Simply straighten the spar over the plans and continue the build. A curve in a piece of spar before assembly is not that unusual and should have no negative effect on the build when everything is glued together. That said, if there is a piece of balsa that is really out of whack Hobby Lobby will replace it.

Any additional questions, let us know

Mike Hines

Senior Telemaster Tips

Quote Originally Posted by mghines View Post
    1. Yes, just use a piece of the 1" triangle stock at the trailing edge.

2. You understand this correctly. The small triangle stock is simply to reinforce the bottom joint between the wing rib and the wing tip sheet. On mine I actually forgot to do this but the joint was good and it is not all that necessary.

3. Simply straighten the spar over the plans and continue the build. A curve in a piece of spar before assembly is not that unusual and should have no negative effect on the build when everything is glued together. That said, if there is a piece of balsa that is really out of whack Hobby Lobby will replace it.

Any additional questions, let us know

Mike Hines
    If you use this 1" piece of triangle stock, as I did, you will have used up the triangle stock that is used for the windshield. My LHS did not have any 1" triangle stock so had to make one up for the windshield. Check your kit to see if you have more than one, if you need to, contact Hobby Lobby and they will take care of you.
    Be Safe
    Have fun

Thanks to both of you for the help! I am having a great time building. Just need to watch your corrections and the build videos.

Scott