At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Building Board

Building Board

What type of building board are you using for your SrTM? It is quite large and I'm having trouble finding something that is absolutely flat. I found an unpainted door at a store but do you have a better idea? And where to get it?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Hey Scott,
    Yes you'll want a balsa building board. It's soft and allows you to put pins in it to keep the parts in place while you glue them. Here's one TowerHobbies.com | Great Planes Pro Building Board 16x48x3/4"

Jason,

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to building the plane!

Scott

Smile Board

I used a door then put balsa building boards end to end. and side by side. My garage was full for the whole winter. I Built 4 With mod of wing under, tri gears, "T" tail and stock. If you like to build this is a great plane.

Quote Originally Posted by steeltotempole View Post
    I used a door then put balsa building boards end to end. and side by side. My garage was full for the whole winter. I Built 4 With mod of wing under, tri gears, "T" tail and stock. If you like to build this is a great plane.
    I ended up using a door as well with a roll of balsa glued to it. so far it is working great. Thanks for the thoughts. I'm having a blast building the SR.