At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Junior Telemaster - Found a kit!

Junior Telemaster - Found a kit!

I found a Junior Telemaster kit and picked it up. This is the plane I first learned to fly on back in the 70s. The kit was in pretty good shape for 30+ years old. One of the 4 spars is pretty warped and the rudder is broken in two pieces. The rest of the wood is in good shape. I had a time with the folded plans - that many years in a box and they were yellow and brittle. I smoothed them out and FedEx/Kinko's made me a full size scan (I laid them over top and they are a perfect match). I have the pdf and scans of the instructions if anyone is interested. I'll take some pictures as I go to document the build.

I plan to convert to electric and cover with polyester dress lining and dope. (New propulsion method and old school finish).

Haven't decided on what to do with the full length ailerons yet. Drive with independent servos and program with flaperons? Or maybe split and only use the outer half as ailerons - then I could fixm the inboard section or use as flaps. Seems like a pretty small plane for flaps though.

Any ideas out there?

For anyone that doesn't know the plane, it is speced at 48" wingspan, 400 sq in of wing area, .09 - .19 glow, and 3 pounds flying weight.

A few workroom pics

Some currently flyable planes: B-17 (electric), PA-12 (electric), Ultra Stik (.46 glow), PT-17 (Saito FS1.50 glow).
    And the helper kitty is in there for good measure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000691.JPG   IM000692.JPG   IM000693.JPG  

IM000694.JPG   IM000695.JPG  

Some Junior telemaster kit pictures for those that don't remember it

I've laid out and checked the parts count. The rudder was a clean break and its already glued back together. I will replace one of the spars (very bent). The rest of the wood I will use as is.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000696.JPG   IM000699.JPG   IM000700.JPG  

Super. Can't wait to watch and read about your build as it comes along. Thanks for sharing!