At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Charger for Micro Ultrix Biplane

Charger for Micro Ultrix Biplane

I have inherited a Micro Ultrix Biplane with Flyzone RC, but no one can find the charger for it.

It's never been flown.

What charger do I need to get?

Not sure about that plane. Can you post a photo of the battery and connector?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Not sure about that plane. Can you post a photo of the battery and connector?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlyZone RC unit.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	47538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front view.jpg 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	47539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultrix Micro Biplane.jpg 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	47541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Identification on top starboard wing.jpg 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	47540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charger Wire Port (2 pins).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	47542

Sorry some of these are flipped so that you get mirror images. I flipped them to get them right, but uploading seems to flip them again!

Left to right, (1) FlyZone RC unit, (2) front view of the plane, (3) side view showing length (16 inches), (4) identification information from top starboard wing ("Micro Ultrix Biplane"), (5) bottom view showing connector for charger wire (1/8 by 1/4 inch with 2 pins in the hole) indicated by white pencil.

That's all I have to work from. No manual or anything. Nobody can find the charger. No indication on the plane about what the charger voltage should be.

Description: Mostly styrofoam but struts are heavier plastic and there's a metallic (or metal plastic) rod about 3/32" diam. extending out from the body about 6" to support the tail, 16" from nose to tail rudder, 13" wing span, battery appears to be integrated into the body of the plane, there's a on-off switch port-side just forward of what would be like the windshield, 2 wires each lead from the body to the two engines (props), there's a yellow wire that must be the antenna that runs out from the body to the tail and trails the tail by about 8". All the wires appear to be about 20 gauge.

I have a charger for a model RC jeep (ground travel), and it maybe approximately fits the connection port, but I don't know if that's a good idea.

Also, I could try taking it down. There are two tiny phillips head screws each holding the wings on top and bottom.

What do you think?

Yeah, might be best to see if you can get access to the battery. It's probably a single cell lipo, but no way to tell without opening her up.