At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Variable Pitch?

Angry Variable Pitch?

I just purchased this item: Scale 4-Blade 11 X 10 Variable Pitch Prop from Hobby Lobby

It matches the one in the pics. It came with a pitch adjustment tool, but I can't for the life of me see anything in the hub that is 'adjustable'. It looks just like every other hub, with a female 'post' that the prop root fits over and holds the front half of the hub down. But with the tabs in the prop fitting firmly in both sides of the hub, there is no room for adjustment.

I could have done with a $6 4-blade prop if this is what it appears to be. $20, not a great deal unless I'm an idiot and not looking at it correctly. Would help if there had been instructions as well.

anyone have any experience with this unit?

lj

Here is the answer I think you are looking for, hope this helps. its part of the description of the 4 blade prop

Ground adjustable variable pitch prop for scale airplanes. 10-7/8" diameter and a range of from 5" to 15" of pitch. In its stock form a pitch of 10" is automatically set without the need of a pitch gauge. To set other pitches each prop includes a wooden pitch gauge. A tab must be removed from the base of each blade to change the pitch to other than 10". Each prop set includes the pre-painted set of blades, a set of decals for you to install, a scale chrome plated plastic hub and spinner, prop retention screws. All that is required is the purchase of a prop adapter for your chosen application. Adapters for 3, 3.2, 4, and 5mm are available separately. This is the replacement prop for the P-47 Thunderbolt (ESM047).
    Last edited by Colorado kid; 10-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.