At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: I can't get the wing to bolt up and the fitment doesn't look right on my Dago-Red.

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

I can't get the wing to bolt up and the fitment doesn't look right on my Dago-Red.

I bought a Dago-Red, receiver, servos etc from you and had you ship it to
    my home. I never have flown the airplane as I can't get the wing to

bolt up and the fitment doesn't look right. As the wing came out of the box, it looks too long in the rear and does not sit completely in the saddle where the wing mounting holes are drilled. Also, the nylon screws won't hold and appear are too short. Was there a quality problem with the kit?

Do I cut the covering and make the wing sit completely in the saddle ?
    What is the incidence supposed to be ? Do I need to alter the holes to make it fit?

What size are the nylon screws, and can I get some more from you? I've tried so many times that the threads are worn on mine. I bought this not long after the kit was introduced. I'd like to fly it. With the speeds that it is advertized to fly I want to make sure the incidence it right and that the wing is not going to come off in flight.

I'm not new to R/C modeling as I have been in the sport since 1964 and flown most everything from Control Line through racers and R/C Pattern on the national level.

Hi,
    Sounds like just a little bit of modding with make that one work. The bolts are I believe metric, some guys have swapped it over to a metal bolt instead of the nylon. I don't remember the size, maybe 3 or 4mm. The incidence will be where it should once you are able to tighten down the screws and get the wing secured.