At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: can you help me with a bit of tech support for the ESC in the F-35 rc airplane

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

can you help me with a bit of tech support for the ESC in the F-35 rc airplane

can you help me with a bit of tech support for the ESC in the F-35 rc airplane. i believe it is HLI350012.

How do i set it up for a 4 cell battery? when i connect the battery i hear a looong series of beeps that makes me think it is waiting for some type of calibration. i saw a reference to a calibration instruction that you had online but can't find that page.

Quote Originally Posted by Customer Questions View Post
    can you help me with a bit of tech support for the ESC in the F-35 rc airplane. i believe it is HLI350012.

How do i set it up for a 4 cell battery? when i connect the battery i hear a looong series of beeps that makes me think it is waiting for some type of calibration. i saw a reference to a calibration instruction that you had online but can't find that page.
    If you are running a Futaba transmitter, you might have the throttle reversed. Be careful testing this.
    Second, sometimes you have to set the throttle range of the transmitter to the ESC. The esc does not know what radio you are using so you have to train it to read 100% throttle, and 0%. Doing this, you need to turn on the transmitter with it at full throttle, plug up the battery and wait for the first set of beeps. After that you need to pull the stick down to low stick. You should receive a tone letting you know it has found high and low throttle. If you still cant get it to arm, you will need to go into your EPA (travel adjustment) and increase your "low stick" percentage to like 105-120. At this time you should hear that tone your looking for. The ESC must see 0% throttle in order to arm. The 4cell battery should not be your issue.

Hope this helps.

Neal
    Neal Davis / Sales / Technical Support
    phone: (615) 373-1444

Hobby Express
    your R/C Superstore!
    Tennessee USA | (615) 373-1444 | http://www.hobbyexpress.com