At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Having trouble getting ERC Controller to function in an AXI 2812-powered Taube.

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

Having trouble getting ERC Controller to function in an AXI 2812-powered Taube.

My friend Mike and I are having trouble getting an ERC controller to function in an AXI 2812-powered Taube after we switched out the radio from my standard FM radio system to an old AM radio system Mike uses, so he'll be able to fly the plane using Mode 1 (yes, Mode 1; Mike is an old-school RC flyer). Could there be something about the ancient AM radio and Mode 1 that is the problem, or did we just mess something up when we made the changeover?

A few weeks ago, when I was originally having my own problems getting this plane to work, you sent me a little video that explained other problems that could be causing a controller not to communicate, one of which had to do with making sure that the radio's throttle control and trim were all the way down before switching on. But we have tried that with no results, so I'm wondering if you could remind me what else could be causing the problem. I apparently didn't have the sense to save the little video, as I can't now find it on my computer!

Here's the video. Let us know what exactly is happening. Do you hear any beeps? Does the motor try to run and cog? Let me know what the symptoms are so I can troubleshoot.