At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Help with Blade Scout CX

Help with Blade Scout CX

One of my friends gave me his Blade Scout CX and he told me it just needed batteries. I put new batteries in the controller and a new one in the helicopter. I put the new helicopter battery into the transmitter to charge (Transmitter was off) and I got a solid red light on the transmitter then about 3 minutes later it started blinking and then turned off, so I figured it was fully charge. I plugged the battery into the heli which made a red led light start flashing very quickly then I grabbed the transmitter and held down the right thumb stick (makes the heli turn) and turned on the controller on then waited 3 seconds before letting go of the thumb stick, the transmitter made a beeping sound everytime the "charging light" would blink on the transmitter, then the led on the transmitter and heli turned off.
    When I tried to fly the helicopter it took off sideways and just crashed, I tried to fly it 3 more times and it did the same thing each time. On the fourth attempt, I gave it throttle and the heli made a high pitch squealing sound so I thought maybe the batter was dead. I grabbed my 2nd brand new battery and repeated the same exact steps I tried previously. I got the same results, except this time I turned the controller off before the heli and the blades kept spinning pretty fast and by the time I could get the battery un-plugged, the top propeller was dangling with 1 piece holding onto it (looks like a line with a circle on each end like this, O---O ) Any ideas how to fix the propeller and how to get the heli to work?

Sounds like you have several issues there. Your best bet would be to take it to a Hobby Shop so they can look at it and see what parts you need. You'll need some parts for the blade holders and likely have a stripped gear or loose screw where the motor connects to the main gear that makes the blades spin.

Yeah, I was thinking about taking it in today to have it looked at. It was treated a little rough by my friend so I wouldn't be surprised if it needs a few parts. Thanks for the help!