At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Can you advise if the Balsa Cessna 172 ARF is still available?

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

Can you advise if the Balsa Cessna 172 ARF is still available?

Some time ago, the Hobby Lobby All Balsa Cessna 172 ARF was available as shown below. It was reviewed on RcGroups in 2006.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ccook/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
    Review Specifications:
    Wingspan: 44"
    Wing Area: 259 sq. in.
    Weight: 26 oz.
    Length: 33"
    Wing Loading: 14.56 oz/sq. ft.
    Servos: 4 x Hitec HS-55
    Transmitter: Royal Evo 12
    Receiver: HiTec Micro 05S
    Battery: PolyQuest "Twenty" 3S1P 1200 mAh
    Motor: AXI 2212/26
    ESC: Jeti Advance 18-amp
    Manufacturer: Hobby Lobby
    Available From: Hobby Lobby

Can you advise if this ARF or a similar Cessna plane is still available?

Hi,
    Currently we don't offer a Cessna airplane model. We do have a lot of other scale planes though. You can see them at this link Scale RC Airplanes: Jets, Warbirds, & Civilian Planes from Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Cessna 172 ARF

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Hi,
    Currently we don't offer a Cessna airplane model. We do have a lot of other scale planes though. You can see them at this link Scale RC Airplanes: Jets, Warbirds, & Civilian Planes from Hobby Lobby
    Thanks for your reply Jason. I had suspected that this particular plane was out of production, which is a pity because from the review that was done in 2006 and posted on RcGroups forum, it would have been a good all rounder trainer and sports flyer.

I am interested in Cessna planes which have a tricycle landing gear such as the Cessna 150, 172 and 182 although most of the Cessna 182 models are oversize and I tend to fly park flyers and always brushless powered models as my flying club in Western Australia is only licenced by the MAAA to fly electric powered models as the field is within a suburban area and although it is a public open space, it is surrounded by residential homes and noise levels are a main problem.