At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Need information for a quad rotor based copter.

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

Need information for a quad rotor based copter.

Just saw your tied to it...can I ask that you give me more info on all the pieces needed, and what your price delivered might be to Savannah Ga 31401...

There are a lot of variables there, but we can provide a ready to fly quad copter to you for $700 to $1000 depending on the gear you need.

variables

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    There are a lot of variables there, but we can provide a ready to fly quad copter to you for $700 to $1000 depending on the gear you need.
    Jason, my plans are to have a GoPro HD2 tied to a quad copter that would be used for filming cars and motorcycles on tracks and offroad...

Though I am certainly no expert, it appears that the aforementioned vid has:
    1. quad rotor copter
    2. landing gear (though not sure if that is separate)?
    3. GoPro mount
    4. battery
    5. RC unit
    6. gimbal for GoPro
    7. what else am I missing?

Further, do have a question about the copters themselves
    • What is the max speed and how does max speed relate to battery wear?
    • How high can it go before it is out of range?
    • when chasing a car or bike, how would the lad on the controls, be able to make sure they are aiming it right?
    • How long can the copter stay airborne assuming its only holding a GoPro?
    • How long do batteries last in numbers of times it can be charged?
    • Can you give me a breakdown on pricing for all the aforementioned above?

What else am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
    Jim...

Hey Jim,
    First off a good pilot is a must. If you've never flown before it take some time and lots of practice to be able to fly good enough to capture great footage. You can setup a video downlink to see what your filming in realtime. You will spend around $600-$1000+ dollars to get a descent rig setup for filming. Run time depends on batteries, but usually around 10 minutes at a time. Here's some other footage I've shot in the last month or so. You could always hire us to come and film for you. Rates are reasonable.