At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: PLease help with eRC 35 Amp BEC.

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

PLease help with eRC 35 Amp BEC.

I cannot figure out why I can't get this brand-new controller to work in the 40-size Taube I have just finished. The facts:

4-cell 4500 mah Power Wing Battery. I know the battery and its connections are good because it powers a friend's plane with the same type motor I have.

Motor: axi 2812, brand new, never run

I know power is flowing through the system because when I plug the controller wire into my ERC programming card for B-series ESC the little red indicator light comes on when I press "reset'. Also, the controller gets warm.

I have plugged the yellow center wire from the motor into the center wire on the ESC, then the motor's right side red wire to the ESC's left side wire, and the motor's left side black wire to the ESC's right side wire.

I'm using a Futaba Skysport radio (new battery) and Futaba FPR127DF receiver that have given me good service for years

The ERC controller wire is plugged into slot 3 of the radio. I've tried other slots but no luck either

I initially worked through the instructions that came with the ERC to program it using the instructions that came with the programming card but got no indications that this had been successful. I have also tried to reset the programming using the reset card but got no noticeable result.

I'm at a loss. I have used the programming card once before with success on a similar battery/motor setup, and as far as I can recall (this is the weak link) I did everything in the same way this time. Can you help me identify where I neglected to do something I should have done, or have done something just plain dumb (most likely possibility!) ? I'm wondering if I might have done something in wrong sequence that damaged or confused the controller itself. I've pushed "reset" time and again, but with no noticeable results.

I'll be most grateful for your advice! If you would prefer that I call to talk things through with the plane at hand, please give me a number and a convenient time to call you.

Sounds like either the throttle signal is backwards and you need to reverse it in the radio, or that it is not seeing low throttle from that transmitter. Watch this video and it should help.

Problem with eRC 35 Amp BEC Solved. It was a dumb reversed servo mistake! Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Customer Questions View Post
    I cannot figure out why I can't get this brand-new controller to work in the 40-size Taube I have just finished. The facts:

4-cell 4500 mah Power Wing Battery. I know the battery and its connections are good because it powers a friend's plane with the same type motor I have.

Motor: axi 2812, brand new, never run

I know power is flowing through the system because when I plug the controller wire into my ERC programming card for B-series ESC the little red indicator light comes on when I press "reset'. Also, the controller gets warm.

I have plugged the yellow center wire from the motor into the center wire on the ESC, then the motor's right side red wire to the ESC's left side wire, and the motor's left side black wire to the ESC's right side wire.

I'm using a Futaba Skysport radio (new battery) and Futaba FPR127DF receiver that have given me good service for years

The ERC controller wire is plugged into slot 3 of the radio. I've tried other slots but no luck either

I initially worked through the instructions that came with the ERC to program it using the instructions that came with the programming card but got no indications that this had been successful. I have also tried to reset the programming using the reset card but got no noticeable result.

I'm at a loss. I have used the programming card once before with success on a similar battery/motor setup, and as far as I can recall (this is the weak link) I did everything in the same way this time. Can you help me identify where I neglected to do something I should have done, or have done something just plain dumb (most likely possibility!) ? I'm wondering if I might have done something in wrong sequence that damaged or confused the controller itself. I've pushed "reset" time and again, but with no noticeable results.

I'll be most grateful for your advice! If you would prefer that I call to talk things through with the plane at hand, please give me a number and a convenient time to call you.
    Problem solved. It was a dumb reversed-servo mistake! Mel