At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Prop/Spinner Replacement

Prop/Spinner Replacement

Hi,

I have a Firebird Stratos with a slightly damaged prop which I've decided to replace. Would you mind outlining the procedure for removal/replacement? Thanks a bunch.

-Bill

I haven't done this on the Stratus, but once you remove the spinner, you'll either see a nut to remove or just the shaft. Remove the nut and pull the prop off. If there is no nut, then the shaft is likely a press fit and you will need to carefully pry the prop off. Then push the new prop back on. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jason. I finally got around to looking in to this today. It's a press fit. Am I correct in that I need to constrain the shaft will prying the old prop of? Seems like I'd damage the motor if I just start yanking on the prop. Any suggestions? What's the best way to find someone that has already done this?

Regards,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    I haven't done this on the Stratus, but once you remove the spinner, you'll either see a nut to remove or just the shaft. Remove the nut and pull the prop off. If there is no nut, then the shaft is likely a press fit and you will need to carefully pry the prop off. Then push the new prop back on. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Yes, you'll want to use a nice pair of pliers and hold the shaft while removing the prop. It shouldn't really take much force.