At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Removing spinner and prop on Mini Super Cub RTF

Removing spinner and prop on Mini Super Cub RTF

I have nicked up the prop a bit on my new RC plane, and want to change the prop. It isn't immediately apparant to me how to remove the spinner, and I don't want to just start yanking on things.

Does it simply pull off? Once it is off are there any secrets to replacing the prop?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Yes the prop is a press fit onto the gearbox shaft. You can carefully pull on it until it comes off. You'll press the new prop on in the same manner.

OK. The spinner was a press fit and I've just pulled it loose. But the prop is held on by a tiny little nut and washer. So I can see how to get that off.

BTW - I folded the wing on the plane today during a loop. It came down like a wounded duck, but with no additional damage. I think that I'd damaged it a bit during a hard landing and now finished it off.

New wing has been ordered and is on the way! I'm thinking about adding a thread or wire as a tension "strut" to give the wing a bit more support in that direction. Any thoughts on that idea??

Mark

Ah, they're using a threaded shaft now, that's even easier. The support string is good idea if you are horsing around with it. It won't add much weight but will increase the strength greatly.