At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: B6 Duo Two-200W Balance ChargerI noticed that after 5 minutes into a charging cycle w

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

B6 Duo Two-200W Balance ChargerI noticed that after 5 minutes into a charging cycle w

While using it this past weekend, I noticed that after 5 minutes into a charging cycle with a pair of 5S 5000 LiPos, it displayed a “Control Failure” message and channel 1 will now only charge at 9 Amps! Channel 2 continues to work properly. Obviously, I fear this would cause instant damage and fire hazard with smaller LiPo packs. I have been using this charger regularly per instructions given in the product manual since April and it has worked fine until now.

Can this problem be corrected so that I can charge with both channels?
    If so, what do I need to do?

You'll need to call in and talk to our service people. They will likely have you send the charger back so we can take a look.
    Last edited by Hobby Express; 03-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    You'll need to call in and talk to our service people. They will likely have you send the charger back so we can take a look.
    Jason: what ever happened to my charger?
    Per your instructions, I did send it in but never received it back and never got any notification about its status.

Will you be at the Toledo Show?
    Last edited by Hobby Express; 03-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Wow this is old. When did you send it in? Did you include your information in the box so our service people would know who to contact? Nikki, is who you'll need to speak with. She'll be here on Monday, you can reach her at 615-732-7211. Yes I'll be at Toledo next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Wow this is old. When did you send it in? Did you include your information in the box so our service people would know who to contact? Nikki, is who you'll need to speak with. She'll be here on Monday, you can reach her at 615-732-7211. Yes I'll be at Toledo next week.
    Jul 30, 2012. Still have the USPS shipping receipt.
    Yes I did - I included a letter in the box to the attn of Neil Davis detailing the problem per his instructions via telecon the day before.

Ok on Toledo - hope to see you there.

Hi Jason,

It was nice meeting you at the Toledo Show and having you and Neal take care of this issue.
    Just wanted to let you know the replacement B6 Duo charger arrived here today, I plugged it in and put a couple batteries on charge, and presto! - it works great!

Thanks again,
    Jeff

PS: Please pass this message on to Neal so he take care of that "unknown charger sitting on the shelf" (his words) now that it has been rightfully accounted for...

Good deal. Great to meet you in person. I'll let Neal know.

Thanks,
    Jason