At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I purchased a Pilot PA-12 and have just gotten around to completing it, when I notice

  1. #1
    Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    249

    I purchased a Pilot PA-12 and have just gotten around to completing it, when I notice

    I purchased a Pilot PA-12 and have just gotten around to completing it, when I noticed that the right upper wing registration numbers have the "C" backwards. These are not decals, but are made from the covering material. I have also noticed this on your photos of the plane on your website. Has this been corrected and will you send me a replacement as this is a workmanship issue?

  2. #2
    Can you post a photo on here?

  3. #3

    Photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Can you post a photo on here?
    Here you go, thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	47075

  4. #4
    Thanks for the photo. We're looking at a couple of options here. Do you think you could peel off the C?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Thanks for the photo. We're looking at a couple of options here. Do you think you could peel off the C?

    Maybe, with heat. Just a little worried about discoloration and heat damage. Rg

  6. #6
    OK, not sure what to do really at this point. We don't have spare wings in hour or any kits to snag a wing from. What would you like to do? Maybe we can offer a small refund to cover the cost of getting a vinyl letter cut?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    OK, not sure what to do really at this point. We don't have spare wings in hour or any kits to snag a wing from. What would you like to do? Maybe we can offer a small refund to cover the cost of getting a vinyl letter cut?
    Hi Jason, I purchased this plane in good faith as a scale aircraft. As is, it will be a joke at the field (I belong to two clubs and you can imagine what they will say). The fact is that this is a warranty issue. I am not opposed to trying to repair it, but will Hobby Lobby stand by their warranty and replace the wing if it goes south, or I don't like the result?

    Thanks, Rg

  8. #8
    Normally yes. Problem here is we don't have a wing to replace it with. The only option at this point is to get a vinyl letter cut and we'll reimburse you for the expense.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole View Post
    Normally yes. Problem here is we don't have a wing to replace it with. The only option at this point is to get a vinyl letter cut and we'll reimburse you for the expense.
    The letter is made from the cream colored covering used on the fuse. Do you have that color covering available? Rg

  10. #10
    I'm pretty sure we do. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send it out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •