At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: I looked at the ERC brand speed control manual on your website but could not find any

Posting Questions from Customers Customer Questions's Avatar

I looked at the ERC brand speed control manual on your website but could not find any

I looked at the ERC brand speed control manual on your website but could not find any specification on the switching frequency.
    Do they operate at 8KHz, or 16KHz, or switchable? I have found that some of my higher performance outrunners work best with 16KHz ESCs.

A more general question; for dual motor installations, what is your opinion on disabling one sbec and using the other one to power the receiver?
    Do you think there would be a noticeable performance difference between the motors due to a different power draw?
    My other option would be a separate receiver power supply.

Thanks for any info you can provide. I have been an online Hobby Lobby customer for several years, and have appreciated your support in the past.

Hi there,
    I don't have any information from the factory on the switching frequency. When using two motors, it is advised to disable the BEC on one of the ESC's. It's not a hard and fast rule though, as I've ran many planes with two or more BEC's from ECS's all working just fine. There is no difference in power to the motor when one BEC is disabled.