At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: eRC Quad Copter

eRC Quad Copter

Jason,

The new quadcopter built and sold by Hobby Lobby looks really cool and has me reaching for my wallet. However, I note that it is described as a "limited edition." If I buy one and crash it hard enough to need another board, will you sell me a replacement board assembled and pre-programmed or will I have to build and program it?

AH-64 D

Re: eRC Quad Copter

In part 2 of the construction video, you tell us to measure out 1/2 inch from the center hole of the top plate to mark the locations to be drilled for 4 circuit board mounting holes. A machinist measures from the center of a hole. It looks like you measured from the edge of the center hole. Please clarify how you made those measurements.

It seems useful to purchase extra props with the eRC Quad Copter. The column of related items on the right side of your web page includes P10047 and APC10047SEP props. Are these the correct props for the eRC Quad Copter?

Re: eRC Quad Copter

Hey,
    No worries about spare parts. That board and parts will be readily available. You shouldn't be able to break it though, it's protected by the top plate, but if you do, we can certainly work something out to get you a new board.

About the holes, it's not critical which point you measure from. The only thing those outside holes that you drill do is attach the frame plate to the carbon/bottom plate. The holes that exist and you measure from are already the proper spacing to match up to the flight board. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Jason Cole