At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Jason's Hexacopter

Jason's Hexacopter

Hey guys,
    Here's some shots of my new Hexacopter. I'll be using our eRC 400 motors and eRC 12A ESC's. I'm planning on using the new DJI Naza flight board for control and will use this frame for night flying, FPV, and camera work.

Jason Cole
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.JPG   photo 2.JPG   photo 3.JPG  

photo 4.JPG   photo 5.JPG  

Re: Jason's Hexacopter

First flight!

[youtube:oo2m8p5h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQYCIkobes[/youtube:oo2m8p5h]

Here's my first video flight with the Hex.

[youtube:30du40w8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0VSS-xKjkI[/youtube:30du40w8]

Jason,

Great. My ERC Quad arrived the day you recorded your flight in the park with your Hexa. I am just getting started in multi-rotor, and you are dispensing new reasons to buy more capability. What can the Hexa lift compared to the Quad? Are you recording your video from your FPV or a separate camera? Do you use vibration-dampening material, such as Sorbothane, in your camera mount? Looks really nice, BTW.

AH-64 D

Hi,
    The lifting capability can be more on a hex with the two extra motors. I went for smaller motors, only using the eRC 300 so it's probably about the same as the quad with larger motors. It easily carries the GoPro, Camera Gimble, FPV camera gear, and two batteries.

I use the GoPro on a 2 axis camera gimble now (it was a fixed mount in that video) and use a separate ccd camera for FPV flying. I did not use any vibration dampening. In fact I didn't even balance the props. I noticed a little bit of jello effect in my park video, so I'll probably balance the props to get rid of that small vibration. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jason Cole

Where did you get the camera gimble? I bought the GoPro Grab Bag when I bought the Quad and a Hero 2, but have not examined its contents. Have seen some really nice tilt and pan camera mounts on the web, but had not planned on using one of them to mount the Hero.