615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Telemaster Kit V2

Mini Telemaster Kit V2

Mini Telemaster Kit V2

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/telemaster_m ... 5_prd1.htm

Fun to build and great fun to fly---a great first kit
    The new Mini Telemaster kit is a huge step forward in easy to build and fun to fly RC model airplanes. It has the great Telemaster heritage that means that it is an airplane that flies beautifully and with the precision of laser cutting it is an unsurpassed build experience. The kit includes all laser cut wing ribs and the forward portion of the fuselage including the firewall and battery tray. The rear portion of the fuselage is stick built for the lightest weight construction. The wing is diagonally braced for extra resistance to warping and twisting; it adds very little weight but a lot of rigidity. The unique parts alignment pin system provided assures perfect part orientation and speeds the assembly. Each laser cut part pops out of the sheet ready to assemble without any additional sanding or trimming required. There is a large hatch on the top of the fuselage to access the battery, no need to remove the wing. The wing is a bolt on unit, eliminating the hassle of rubber bands. Each kit includes one laser cut model, full size plans, photo-illustrated instructions, bent wire main landing gear, tail wheel, and hardware. This is a perfect match to the eRCBL450 or eRCBL450S motor and the eRCE025 ESC and 2 of the eRCS800 servos. Flies for over 20 minutes with an 1800-2200mAh 2-cell pack.

[youtube:2y275qzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Bk8_zYM9k[/youtube:2y275qzc]

Re: Mini Telemaster Kit V2

ok... so where is the telemaster mini that I've had on back order for OVER 10 MONTHS?????

You mean the old kit version? It is done and done. The old factory could not make them anymore and we got tired of waiting just you like are. The prices of balsa wood have soared so even if they could have made them, the price would have gone way up. We decided that we would at least modernize the kits with laser cut parts, a convenient battery hatch, and a bolt on wing. The new kit is far superior to the old.

Jason Cole

A nice note from one of our customers.

"Folks, I just want to thank you for this kit. I purchased a Telemaster v1 kit (box o sticks) and am nearly finished building it, but my 8-year-old autistic son wanted to help and really couldn't.

I bought the v2 and it arrived yesterday. I bought it because with the redesign, l think it'll be easier for my son to help out and do some of the work. Thanks for re-engineering it.

Nick"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole
    You mean the old kit version? It is done and done. The old factory could not make them anymore and we got tired of waiting just you like are. The prices of balsa wood have soared so even if they could have made them, the price would have gone way up. We decided that we would at least modernize the kits with laser cut parts, a convenient battery hatch, and a magnetic wing. The new kit is far superior to the old.

Jason Cole
    Yes. I ordered a telemaster mini on March 1rst of 2011 for 33.99, I still have my confirmation email and confirmation number. And now that I've been waiting for it for over 10 months, I'm supposed to pay over twice the quoted cost?

Hi, It's not actually twice the cost. The old kit would not have been able to be sold at the old price. The cost of balsa went up like crazy and the price on the old kit would have gone up a bunch as it was. The new kit is drastically better and only marginally higher in price than the old kit would have been.

Jason

current cost of the new min is $89.99, I was promised a mini at $33.99 over 10 months ago.

how is that not more than doubling the price after making me wait 10 months?

i have a confirmation email promising me this plane at this price... this is a crock of s**t.

Sorry you feel that way. The old manufacturer could not produce the kits. Even if they could have we would have contacted you to tell you about the price increase and you could have either cancelled the order or paid the extra amount.

Jason

well this was my first time ordering something from hobby lobby... trust me, I wont make that mistake again.

You'll miss out on some cool stuff then. You have an unreasonable expectation to get something for nothing and are blaming a great company for it. You're just wrong. I'm sorry you didn't get to buy and fly a Telemaster, their so much fun.

Jason