At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Electric Spinner Prop Question - Novice

Electric Spinner Prop Question - Novice

I need a folding prop and spinner combination for a new electric sailplane I'm building but have a question... The recommendation was for a Graupner 6 x 3 CAM but I see you no longer have that available. Not a problem, I'm sure there are other prop/spinner combination in your inventory that I can use, I just don't know how to pair them up? Hope you can help...

OK here goes, I need a 30mm Aluminum Spinner with a 3mm Shaft. You show that due in by mid December and that's fine... However, your description says as follows:

"Precision turned aluminum spinner with blade holders and collet prop adapter included Lightweight (10 gram) precision spinners turned from aluminum bar stock. Each includes: turned aluminum spinner, middlepart yoke, screws for prop blades and collet type motor shaft adapter. The width between the arms of the prop yoke is 6mm and the prop pin diameter is 2mm. Fits Graupner CAM folding props with 6mm wide bases."

This is where I get lost. Your description says this spinner Fits Graupner CAM folding props with 6mm wide bases? After looking over your prop selection, I don't see or find any with a 6mm? I do however find most have an 8mm reference? Please explain....

Sorry for this very basic question and hope you will clarify it for me.

Thanks you in advance,
    Ron

Re: Electric Spinner Prop Question - Novice

Hi Ron,
    I don't really have any good solutions at the moment. We will be working to fill in the missing Graupner items with alternates, but I'm not sure how long that process will take.

Jason

Jason,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I completely understand the problem with suppliers and the like. But, I do have the same basic question, that with all you published inventory, is there a folding prop/spinner that I could use? Your 30mm Aluminum Spinner with a 3mm Shaft is a perfect fit but what are my prop choices?

Can you clarify the 6mm vs. 8mm for me? I'd really appreciate that...

Thanks again,
    Ron

6mm or 8mm is the blade hub width. A blade with an 8mm hub won't fit to a middle part yoke designed for 6mm blade hubs. At least not without grinding down 2mm worth of material on the blade. A 6mm blade hub can work on a 8mm middle parts with some washers to space out the difference. Our blades can be seen here http://www.hobby-lobby.com/folding_prop ... 72_ctg.htm , but they are Mostly Aeronaut blades with 8mm hubs that won't the spinner parts you're looking at without modification.

Jason

Jason,

Thank you again for the quick reply. I do appreciate your clarification on the hub question.

Thanks again,
    Ron

Hi to all. Another nubie here with a spinner question.
    I have a Fox 2320mm foam glider with a now broken spinner and I need a replacement. The measurements of the stock spinner is as follows>base dia. 45.441mm prop base 6.731mm motor shaft dia. .414mm . Can you or anyone suggest a replacement? Tks.
    I hope to soon upgrade to the Fox fiberglass model after I learn to fly this one a bit better.