At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: AXI Mtrs

AXI Mtrs

Need some info before I place an order. I just pulled up the AXI motor sheet. On the Senior Plus cover, it shows the 4130-20 mtr as being in stock. If you go to AXI info sheet, it shows the motor being out of inventory and being in sometime in Nov. Which listing is current, because I don't want to modify the firewall to except a different motor if I can get the right one. By the way, are these planes set up to handle strickly AXI mtrs, or can you use different motors without modifying the firewall? I need a quick answer because my bird is waiting to fly.

Re: AXI Mtrs

I just pulled up the 4130-20 Axi and it says its in stock. I've looked other places on the site and called up the Axi motors and it still says its in stock. You could call the store today and check with them before you purchase if you like. Use the 866-512-1444

But to answer your question, No you can use other motors on the motor mount other than the axi.
    It should be somewhat of a universal mount and another motor in the .60 to .90 size should fit.

Hope this helps,

CK

Colorado Kid. Do you think that a 4130/20 would be to much motor for the Plus? I want the plane to fly with alittle more authority than just flying like a big old barn door.

When you buy a AXI mtr does the mounting hardware come with it, or do you have to buy it in another package?

Since the 4120-18 is the recommended motor for the Plus with a 14x9 prop should pull the plane very well, however the 4130-20 starts with a 15x10 and goes to an 18.5x12 pitch prop.
    Therefore if there is the clearance for the larger prop say the 15x10 or the 16x10 you should be able to get around the sky with some authority in the flight. If you were to use the axi motor selector tool on the motor page and you plug in the information it says that with the 16x10 prop and a 9lb plane weight, you should be able to do aerobatics, so unless you are looking for that kind of authority with the Plus use the 15x10 prop and you could still get around pretty darn good.

Yes you do need to purchase the radial mount set for the motor, its PM41002 and it includes the prop adapter.

Hope this helps,

CK

Thanks CK

The AXI 4130/16 is an awesome motor for the Telemaster. In all actuality, it's more than you will ever need. The thing to consider is that the "plus" tends to be a tad tail heavy.....balances right at the 5.5" mark with this motor and 6cell battery....so the heavier motor helps! I am getting 15' flights using a 6Cell 5000mAh/30C swinging a 16X8 prop.

6Cell Data:
    15 X 8 APS prop/ 1206.7Watts/ 51.79Amps/ 23.06Volts
    16 X 8 APC prop/ 1401.4Watts/ 60.70Amps/ 22.9Volts