At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: WP Elecktro Junior S Reviews

WP Elecktro Junior S Reviews

Electro Jr.
    This is only on the build; Plans were not English friendly, however the photo's do provide enough info to be at least close. The written English portion in the back does try to tie together with the build. Some things missing are the control surface movement requirements and so I'm hoping my guess are good enough. Wing wire placement during fitting of wing together don't go into detail enough, be careful when you put the servo wires into the fuse and that they are under the wing halves when you fit them together.

Motor housing is a bit weak, as the first screw used to bolt the motor to the plastic fire wall stripped out and I had to move to a larger screw. Plenty of room in the cockpit for your stuff, however the newer Spektrum receiver may find the space a bit hard to get the servo wires into the receiver, so you must use extensions with the wing servos (4-6 inch).

I hope it flys great, one wing seems to be disfigured compared to the other. Although the plans did not call for it, I used live hinge tape on all the control surfaces. The foam alone just seems to weak long term. Update when I figure out how to get the Flaperon programming completed on my DX7.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Maroney, Dewey

Re: WP Elecktro Junior S Reviews

Elekro Jr. Sailplane
    The sailplane is a bit fast for a first time flyer. I put flaperons on my Elekro Jr. and used them in a flap mode, this did not help much, so changed them to air brakes (both up). Climb out was steady with a bit of left yaw and it climbed straight up with a 2s 2100 LiPo and stock motor. Plane is a bit sensitive to wind. I coupled my rudder and ailerons to make coordinated turns and it worked very well. The rudder will not fly this airplane alone. I think that a second wing with 10 - 12 more inches and added dihedral would make a great first set of wings and then move up to the faster stock wings later as you progress. Again do not purchase this kit if your brand new, it takes some radio programming and quick stick to keep this plane where you want it. I do think the nubs on the foam should come off, however they specify more than a few times not to sand the foam. If sanded it wont accept paint, other than that I’m not sure why they don’t recommend it.

Love the kit, but once you put the servos in the fuselage they aren’t coming out. Also put the most amount of travel on them as possible and let the radio adjust them as needed (if you have a computer radio).
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Maroney, Dewey

Graupner Goodnees!
    I bought the graupner elektro trainer recently on crash sale, I am extremely impressed by the quality and attention to detail shown in this kit. the first thing you will notice is that all the pieces are cradled in a gray eps foam that is denser and higher in quality than many chinese kit makers use in their actual kits. the second thing you will notice is just how many neat things they give you, motor/esc and floats too, Everything falls together very nicely, if you have ever built a multiplex high wing aircraft like the magister/mentor/easy cub or mini mag this kit will go together in about 4 hours. If you haven't built anything like this before do yourself a favor and seperate the english instructions and staple them to the pictures, this will keep you from having to read german captions and make everything much simpler for novice builders. I was a little dodgy about the idea of running only a two cell lipo in an aircraft this big, but the included outrunner is a high KV motor and it works great, on the included prop, I am running an 8x6 apc to slow things down and i can tell you that flight wise this aircraft is blast, landings are at walking speed and it just floats in as long as you keep the nose upwind. Also grass handling is very good, the included wheels and tires work great on medium tall grass. I highly recomend this as a aeleron trainer or high wing sport plane, dont wince at the price its very much worth it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by goffa, chris

Graupner Goodnees!
    I bought the graupner elektro trainer recently on crash sale, I am extremely impressed by the quality and attention to detail shown in this kit. the first thing you will notice is that all the pieces are cradled in a gray eps foam that is denser and higher in quality than many Chinese kit makers use in their actual kits. the second thing you will notice is just how many neat things they give you, motor/esc and floats too, Everything falls together very nicely, if you have ever built a multiplex high wing aircraft like the magister/mentor/easy cub or mini mag this kit will go together in about 4 hours. If you haven't built anything like this before do yourself a favor and separate the english instructions and staple them to the pictures, this will keep you from having to read german captions and make everything much simpler for novice builders. I was a little dodgy about the idea of running only a two cell lipo in an aircraft this big, but the included outrunner is a high KV motor and it works great, on the included prop, I am running an 8x6 apc to slow things down and i can tell you that flight wise this aircraft is blast, landings are at walking speed and it just floats in as long as you keep the nose upwind. Also grass handling is very good, the included wheels and tires work great on medium tall grass. I highly recommend this as a aileron trainer or high wing sport plane, don't wince at the price its very much worth it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by goffa, chris