Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Waco V3 RTF w/ 2.4 Radio System Reviews

Waco V3 RTF w/ 2.4 Radio System Reviews

Good plane great price BUT:
    Great plane, great price BUT:

Tail wheel plastic mount broke off with non-abusive use

Top wing struts that join to upper fuselage tear out of foam on "rough" landings. Epoxy fix, but could use better mounting other than gued into foam.

Control clevis @ tail break easily. Needed to jerry-rig a fix.

Top-bottom wing struts joined with tiny screws. Screws strip the nylon strut threads very easily.

LOSE the barnboard-sized Hobby Lobby advertisement on the upper wing!

Otherwise a good plane at a great price.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by hunt, andy

Re: Waco V3 RTF w/ 2.4 Radio System Reviews

Waco RTF Biplane
    I have the earlier version of this model. After some initial problems with the radio and small issues with weak parts I have come to really like this airplane. It is a stable slow flyer and is a delight to fly. It is not for beginners. An intermediate flyer wiith aileron experience will have no problelms with this airplane. I have crashed mine numerous times and it always repairs easily with epoxy. It always flies nicely even after extensive repairs. I have upgraded mine with a Spektrum AR500 receiver and DX5E transmitter and have had no issues with electronics. This is a relaxing airplane to fly and looks great in the air. If you like rc biplanes you won't be disappointed with this one.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by carson, hilton

Awesome!
    I had a successful maiden flight of my 1/4 Scale Waco this past weekend. What a fantastic flyer. It flew with no trim changes at all. Recommended throws were all good, except I could use a bit less elevator throw, or more expo on the elevator. It's only noticeable at higher speeds. Plenty of power on 10s 5000mAh pack and a 170kv motor and an APC 21x13 wide electric prop. Pulls about 51 amps at WOT for just under 2000 watts. Here's a link to video of the maiden flight on YouTube.

I give this product 5 stars. Review by Johnson, Jeff

The big Waco flies like a dream.
    I finished building the 1/4 scale Waco YKS-6 last week and have flown it successfully twice. It has plenty of power with my setup. (170kv motor on 10s (2x5000mAh 5s packs in series) with an APC 21x13 wide electric prop. It flew great with no trimming required. It looks awesome in the air. Landings and take offs were great. I'm looking forward to many more flights with it. Here is some video of the first two flights.

The big Waco flies great!
    I finished building the 1/4 scale Waco YKS-6 last week and have flown it successfully twice. It has plenty of power with my setup. (170kv motor on 10s (2x5000mAh 5s packs in series) with an APC 21x13 wide electric prop. It flew great with no trimming required. It looks awesome in the air. Landings and take offs were great. I'm looking forward to many more flights with it. Here is some video of the first two flights.

WACO YKS06 by Pilot-1
    My video shows how it flew on the first flight. All the subsequent flights were even better.

I especially like the plywood cradles for the wings to allow transport and storage without taking all the struts off every time.

The WACO gets lots of positive comments at the field and it earned me the membership in the WACO Brotherhood #168.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by PETTIT, RICHARD