At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waco RTF V2 Reviews

Waco RTF V2 Reviews

Buy this
    For a small inexpensive Styrofoam airplane I was expecting to get laughed off the club field. What a surprise it was a huge hit. From its sharp looks to its awesome flying characteristics they wouldn't stop asking about it. I like the fact I can throw this and another electric in the back seat of my pickup and keep the gas planes in the bed. Best thing about it is once it leaves the ground it's completely silent. You cannot hear the thing hence you can fly this in just about any schoolyard and no ones even going to know you're there. The only thing I would recommend is to glue the landing gear in and also glue the fairings on instead of using the clips. The gear is the press in type and fell off on my first flight costing me a prop. The landing gear fairings have also come off on just about every landing so either glue them or leave them off. Can also be hand launched if you don't have any pavement. At $169 complete there is hardly a better value on the market. I just ordered another battery and spare prop. Can be flown in under 10mph winds.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Levy, Paul

Re: Waco RTF V2 Reviews

Waco Biplane
    I have been flying a 3 channel trainer (Wingdragon) and decided it was time to move up to a 4 channel so I bought the Waco Biplane and have been very pleased. It went together without any major problems and is a lot of fun to fly. I have about a dozen flights on it now and it has performed beautifully. I have been able to do the simple stunts like rolls, loops and inverted flight with no problems. I don't think it has the power to do knife edge flight but that could just be my lack of experience. It is a thing of beauty in the air.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Bua, Rick

Beautiful plane but not for beginners.
    This is the first RC plane I've built and flown. It went together in the estimated time as described. I felt the instructions could have been a little clearer, but this kit is at an intermediate skill level. I did fly it (once ha) in way too much wind. (Sorry I didn't have the patience to wait any longer). I did not do too much damage and am enjoying re-attaching a new motor. Hobby Lobby offered great support. They replaced a defective Li-Po battery quickly. I don't want to have to experience customer service again for awhile so I intend to spend more time on my flight simulator. This really is a beautiful kit, and I look forward to getting in the air.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Orwig, David

Waco RTF
    I'd give this bird 5 stars if they had put some more thought into the landing gear. It's gonna break on your first landing. Other than that she's a real gem. Flies great, looks great.... in fact, I didn't even own it for a week and somebody offered me more than I paid for it.

But you will need to check the motor angle to make sur you have the "down and right" thrust prior to flight. Also, make a header out of bass wood to help support the gear. In fact, the landing gear for the Hobbyzone Super Cub pretty much drops in on this plane and is a bit more stout. Still, you will need to make some type of reinforcement so the gear doesn't rip out of the plane.

Again, Hobby Lobby is number 1 in Customer Service.

I would buy another Waco in a heartbeat... for $169 and RTF... you cannot beat it!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Miller, Matt

WACO Bi-Plane RTF
    This is one nice RTF airplane. One very noteworthy fact is that no adhesives are used in the assembly of the kit; all surfaces are attached with small screws! This makes for a very fast and relatively easy assembly.

The kit includes not only a 3-cell LiPo battery but a balancing charger as well. I checked the battery with a balancing tester and the cells were within 0.05 volts.

I did find one problem that was nearly fatal (airplane-wise). The airplane with the battery fully forward was significantly tail-heavy; so much so that it was a struggle to keep the airplane in the air long enough to trim in about 3/8-inch down elevator. I did manage to land without damage and added 3.25 oz of weight to the fuselage just behind the cowl. Those old Ni-Cads do come in handy now and then. I trimmed the elevator back to neutral and had a very pleasant flight.

I will get some some stick-on lead weights and ditch the Ni-Cads. I believe the CoG is about 2.5 inches behind the LE of the top wing.

All in all, I am very pleased with this airplane and look forward to a spring and summer on very enjoyable flights.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Talley, Sam

foam is weak- plane looks great.
    Nice to look at, very light. foam is brittle. Flies good, even a rough but good landing will break some parts off. for good fliers only. plan on buying some spare parts, they are inexpensive though, get some extras with the plane.
    you will need. very nice scale model.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Great Looks
    Looks great, flies pretty well, but could use a little more durability. If you can land gracefully every time without any major bumps you should be fine.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Groden, Mark

Great Waco
    I purchased this jewel for my brother. It is simply an excellent , stable flyer. very acrobatic, and loads of fun to fly. This one will take you back to the 30's when seat of the pants flying was the way. Good job Hobby Lobby.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rowell, Frank

Waco Bipe RTF
    Great slow flying plane with plenty of stock power to get out of bad situations. As previously stated very tail heavy out of the box. Nose weight is easily added just behind the fake radial engine. Was an excellent first aileron plane for me.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Leahey, Todd

Waco Biplane RTF
    Great little plane for intermediate flyer or above. If you're new, don't try to fly this without an instructor from your local flying club. Easy to assemble and adjust settings. Landings and takeoffs are smooth, whether on grass or paved runway. I wouldn't recommend flying this bird if there is much wind, the plane is subject to a lot of reaction to even moderate winds due to the increased wing surface.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by OShaughnessy, Richard