At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: TYPHOON CP RTF HELI Reviews

TYPHOON CP RTF HELI Reviews

Art Tech Typhoon
    This helicopter is very easy to fly. Handles very nicely. Has enough power for most stunts. It will fly for at least 11 minutes on the 1800mah battery, longer if the belt is not too tight. It did take some time to set up. Has had two failures. First failure was the ESC, which Hobby Lobby replaced for free. Second was the bearings in the tailrotor box, I think HL is sending me those also. Overall the heli is a good value and I'm sure the spare parts will get cheaper.
    This heli is controllable enough to fly in a basement (would not recommend unless you are good). The Typhoon even handles wind well. I really love to fly it. I feel that it is easier to fly than my Honey Bee King 2, just seems more stable and forgiving. I would recommend this heli for anyone ready to move up to collective pitch.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Cyliax, Jim

Re: TYPHOON CP RTF HELI Reviews

Typhoon CP RTF Electric Helicopter
    This is my first helicopter. I did not want to begin with a totally beginner copter, but I did want something ready to fly and easy to learn. The Typhoon fits the bill exceedingly well. I bought stabilizers with it to learn to hover, but soon learned that I could have done without them. I was hovering in no time and after a few days was flying patterns. This copter is easy to fly, stable, and it has enough capability to keep me interested for awhile, while I decide what copter to step up to. I would highly recommend it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Palmer, Michael

My first Heli
    OK so I've flown a lot on the Realflight sim and have a few planes but read a review in the FlyRC magazine about this helicopter and decided it would be my first.

I have to say that I'm pretty happy with how things have progressed so far. I've had it for a month now and have dialed in the gyro so that there is no more tail-wag and it's nice and stable. I'm still quite nervous as flying a real heli is a bit different than hitting the reset button. :)

One thing to note is that this heli fly's w/ 300 blades which you wont find at your local hobby store so be prepared to order some when making your purchase.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by OBrien, Shawn

Product Received
    The handling and shipping was great. It seem that the heli was used. One rod was bent and two servos would not center and had a lot of play. I ordered another and hope this one is in better shape. I plan on returning the first one.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Williams, Alan

One fine Heli!
    The Typhoon is a great step up to a 400 size if you have been learning with a co-axial. It can be a bit intimidating at first but is is a truly fine heli. I do wish it had more aluminum parts, but for the price you can't beat it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Caldwell, Rick

Great flying, but hard to find spare parts...
    Before you buy this heli, be warned...

I definitely recommend this heli, right out the box it was great flying.

Unfortunately I damaged the main blades and needed them replaced. Hobby-Lobby has been out of stock for months and I checked other sites too and they are out of stock as well. I am not sure if this model is getting phased out, but the only other place that had the replacement blades was ebay. It took me over 3 weeks for them to get delivered directly from China.

Other than finding replacement parts, this heli is a dream...
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Harris, Joseph