At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: SUPER TIGER MOTH SCALE BIPE Reviews

SUPER TIGER MOTH SCALE BIPE Reviews

Hobby Lobby Super Tiger Moth
    This is a great plane! It flew very well. The manual is all most worthless and is for the prototype.
    If your experienced you won't have a problem. All in all I rate this plane 9.0.
    You can see my build thread at RCgroups. All so posted a 1st flight video.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925212
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Malone, glen

Re: SUPER TIGER MOTH SCALE BIPE Reviews

Super Tiger Moth
    I found the tiger moth to be of quality construction, I installed a 28cc gasoline engine in it, and it takes off and flys on less than half throttle, it sounds great. The plane flew hands off without any adjustment, that is what I consider an accurate built plane.
    One thing that I did have trouble with is the metal quick links they were loose on the threaded coupler and some just pulled off of the threaded rod. Also some of the screws were to small to be useful.
    I replaced all the links couplers and cable with 4-40 Du-Bro hardware and it looks more substantial and easier to work with.
    Very smooth flying airplane and very responsive...................I love it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by gooden, ronald

Nice airframe, but hardware quality problems
    Nice airframe construction, but problems:
    Pivot screw is just a wood screw - rudder arm should pivot on something better. Mine broke off when installing, cheap hardware. I had to remove the stub, harden the mounting block with CA, then drill & tap for 6-32 machine screw with a locknut on the other side.

Clevis - as reported already, throw them all away. All my wire clevis just slipped off the barrel when very slight tension was applied. I have to replace all 30 with something better like Du-Bro or Sullivan

Tailfeathers are held in place with 3mm x 40mm machine screws into blind nuts. Mine galled after the second installation to try and get the vertical stab aligned. Again, poor hardware or glue in blind nuts that you cannot reach to clean with a tap.

Instructions still a joke - not recommended for Newbes.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Meyer, Paul

Beautiful Flyer
    I now own 2 of these to have one for spares. The aircraft needs a modification to the center section of the upper wing mount. Remove the front screws from the upper wing mount and run a 4-40 threaded rod through the top cabanes to hold them together to keep them from separating under flying wire tension. Back them with a nut on each cabane. This simple mod keeps the top mount outer ribs in place.

Toss the OEM hardware, use good stuff and she is as sweet as the real Moth. I am running a 280Kv 2000 watt motor with a 20x8 APC. Two 4s 4900mah packs easily give 15 minutes of lovely flight.

I would rate this 5 stars if good hardware and a center rod for the top wing mount were included in the kit.

Happy flying
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Meyer, Paul