At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUPER CUB RTF Reviews

SUPER CUB RTF Reviews

Great beginner plane
    This is an excellent beginner plane, especially if you don't want to put a lot of money into getting started. I had tried going the traditional route with a balsa kit but I never got the plane finished. When I saw this plane I knew I could get into the air a lot faster. With the Anti-Crash Technology I literally flew it the first time all-by-my-self without any prior experience in my backyard. I have enjoyed learning and even done some loops when I turned the ACT off. It is really stable in flight and easy to land even though it's a tail-dragger. I have always seen trainers with tripod landing gear and have always heard they were easier to learn on but I have had no trouble landing the Super Cub. My wings are a little scuffed on the outer leading edges and I've broken a couple of props, but one of the things I love is that I can buy a replacement wing, prop, or whatever other part I need from my local hobby shop. Once I get a little more experience I'll just replace the wing and it'll be good as new.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Banks, Jerry

Re: SUPER CUB RTF Reviews

Super Cub RTF
    This was my first airplane. Have crashed many times and never done any major damage. I have flown in wind that nobody should though. This airplane is easy to fly and tough. I also do a lot of close fly-byes. Landings are also fun and easy, can land right at my feet. I did disconnect the Anti-Crash system after my forth or fifth flight.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Porter, Blake

Great first plane!
    I have had this plane for a couple years now and have been nothing but satisfied. The controls are simple and forgiving and flight characteristics are predictable. "Fly right out of the box" is an accurate statement! Great starter for a long career.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Laiche, Damian

Super Cub RTF with Anti-Crash Technology
    Just last weekend I took out my new Super Cub RTF for the first time and after 3 consecutive flights, I had not one crash to report. The plane was packaged very well to prevent any parts from becoming damaged in shipment. I found the instructions very easy to follow and complete the minimal assembly required. My only regret was that I didn't plug in my batteries first so they could charge ( I assumed that the assembly would take me longer than it did.) Despite its modest price, the plane assembled well with no hang-ups and best of all, it looked great! I took the plane to the nearest electric field with my step-son and started my first flight. I had practiced for a couple weeks with a flight simulator but I was still nervous. After the pre-flight checks, I started her up and she took to the air without a problem. I couldn't believe that I was flying! After some easy overhead racetracks I brought her in for an easy landing. Her large wing surfaces making touchdown a breeze, literally, I mistakenly cut the engine power off and just let it glide to a slow rolling stop. It was so easy that after I took off for the third time, I let my 10-year-old step-son take the stick for his first real r/c flight and he had no problems (I couldn't bring myself to let him try to land it though - it's my plane after all.) The really ironic thing is that before I let him take the controls, I made double sure that the ACT was activated and I nearly fell over as I realized that I had flown the model with the ACT deactivated the whole time! I even turned it on and then promptly turned it off because I couldn't get used to the little micro-chip taking control of MY plane. My overall review is that the Super Cub RTF is a SUPER PLANE! For real aspiring pilots though, get yourselves a flight simulator and practice, practice, practice. You may not need the ACT, but it was great knowing that it was there!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by E.R., Santa Maria, CA

Super Cub, super trainer!
    I never knew R/C flying was so strenuous. Launch the plane, fly the plane, crash the plane, hike over and retrieve it. Repeat. However as the flights got longer and the landings softer, the physical strain slacked off for both me and the plane. During those first few weeks, the plane took a beating. At one point, I bent the prop back to the original shape, and kept flying (although not well). The day I hit the fence and almost sheared the port wing off, I took it home glued the fracture then put clear tape around the fracture and went back out! This is a docile flying trainer. Try it...you'll like it!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Feagin, Michael

Great learners plane
    I've helped a lot of beginners setup and fly this plane. It is very durable, seen it do cartwheels down the runway, then pick it up, set it on the ground and fly it again. Put a lipo or bigger NiMH battery and it has much more power too. Just one of the best all around trainer planes, that fly slow enough so people can make mistakes without too much damage, and the foam is very good for crashes too.
    Highly recommended
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Nye, Jeff

Fantastic
    this could be your first Plane. Easy as a trainer- You will learn as if it were a 4 channel. I have MANY planes , this is still one of my favorites. even though a 3 ch, handles as well as a 4 you wont miss ailerons. Get it. its worth 2x what you pay.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Super Cub is a great plane
    The super cub does what it is supposed to do which is why I gave it 5 stars. Its an easy flying plane for a great price. It's perfect for a beginner because the instructions are very comprehensive. It even comes with a CD Rom! Nice touch. I love mine and have numerous flights on it. Easy to hand launch...easy to ROG...easy to land.....easy to fly....can carry a payload (camera) if you'd like....can fly in a small field....it won't stall.......it looks nice...parts are inexpensive. i can go on about this plane. There is really nothing you can say negative about this plane because it does what it is intended to do. It's not a speed demon and it won't climb vertically, but the super cub is not meant to do so. The only thing I did was put larger wheels on so that grass landings are easier. Buy it. Enough said!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rafeld, Douglas

Super Cub
    If you have ever wanted to get into to the great hobby of RC airplanes the Super Cub is a great place to start! Everything you need comes in the box and makes a great carrying case for the plane. The Super Cub is very easy to fly, durable and easy to fix. The standout advantage of the Super Cub verses other beginner planes is the fact that it really has a lot of power under the cowl! Most beginner planes I have flown are so under powered it makes them difficult to fly. The Super Cub has power to spare and will perform basic aerobatics without breaking a sweat.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Berry, Ben

The Super Cub is one AWESOME plane!
    The HobbyZone Super Cub is one of the best beginner planes out there, hands down. I had my Super Cub for over a year, and still love flying it. It is very easy to fly, and I have taught many people how to fly with this plane. It doesn't get any better when you see a smile on your Dad or brother's face because they are actually flying a RC plane. But this plane isn't for just beginners. I have been flying for three years now, and I still enjoy flying my Super Cub. I upgraded it to LiPo batteries, but otherwise it is basically stock. The Super Cub is a real joy to fly. It's relaxing, yet capable of some stunts. I always pull some loops with mine, and sometime even do inverted flight. There's also countless mods you can do to the Super Cub. This includes converting it to brushless, adding ailerons, attaching a camera, etc. If you're thinking about getting this plane... think no more! The Super Cub is the plane for you!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Dixon, Bill