At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: STREGA EPP MINI RENO RACER ARF REviews

STREGA EPP MINI RENO RACER ARF REviews

Combat Anywhere.
    I first came across this Hacker mini Reno Racer was at SEFF 2008. The owner let me fly it, and the wind was a steady 9+mph. It was amazingly stable!!! Of course the smoothness of control also depends on your transmitters programming, but as light & small in size as this bird is, it handled the wind like it was on rails. My friend & I immediately ran over and bought a couple.
    Now building was a bit difficult for me, but that's because the only foam planes I had worked with to that point were depron. And I didn't "plot" the process ahead of time, I just dove in. My friend however is the smart guy. Once you get the wing spar CA'd into the wing halves, the motor mounted, and the tail assembly attached, you're ready to CG for the most part. Where I had just started cutting and stuffing gear in (only to find I needed to shift it this way or that way 1/4"), my friend attached his gear with velcro. That's the non-destructive way to determine where everything should go. Once you get the CG right, mark the locations and start cutting the foam away to place the gear where needed. It's pretty simple.
    Improvements you might want to make are as follows:
    1. Use "normal" control linkages. The ones that come with it work, but seem weak and certainly don't make you feel confident they'll hold up. And use control horns on the control surfaces. Easier to adjust.
    2. The design calls for your Rx to be on the bottom. Even though this plane is meant to be landed on grass, there have been times at my flying field where I've just missed the grass and ended up on the paved runway. Although the Rx was fine, the aileron servo was toast. So put some extra protection around that area.

I have crashed mine numerous times during the first few flights. With a little CA, my plane was back in the air in less than 3 minutes every time!! I now have over 50+ flights, including one in 14mph wind (though I don't recommend that!), and I it's flown perfectly fine. It's a superb "throw in the car and take anywhere" kind of plane.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rinehart, Derik

Re: STREGA EPP MINI RENO RACER ARF REviews

Great indoor RC model
    I bought one of these to fly in our golf dome for winter flying and was happy I did . I was impressed with the wing having a real hot wire cut airfoil and not a flat sheet of foam. This makes it fly quite well and it can be a fast little plane when flown indoors. The aileron servo is installed on the bottom of the wing and the servo arms/rods can catch on the ground when landing. So you may want to consider that when installing the aileron servo. I put a small diameter carbon fiber rod as a skid on the bottom so when it lands the servo would not grab. I also had to cut part of the ailerons free as the full length hinge as received is too stiff and the servo would move but only the aileron portion near the servo would move and not at the tip. So I cut through the foam hinges at intervals down the wing to loosen up the aileron stiffness.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don