At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: SPEKTRUM DX6i 6-CH 2.4GHz TX REviews

SPEKTRUM DX6i 6-CH 2.4GHz TX REviews

I love this radio!
    This is my second computer radio, and it is so much easier to use with the thumbwheel - programming it was a cinch! It's very easy to use, and the ModelMatch feature is a real lifesaver (I damaged 2 models in about 8 months with my old radio by having the wrong model selected). I had some glitching issues in my flying wing at higher throttle settings with my 72mhz radio, but switching to Spektrum 2.4 has completely eliminated the glitches and flights are rock-solid.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Reinsch, Bobby

Re: SPEKTRUM DX6i 6-CH 2.4GHz TX REviews

DX6i Transmitter
    I am totally happy with my 2.4 ghz transmitter. Up til now using either a 27mhz or the 72mhz transmitter and receiver was in a lot of cases a shot in the dark. By this I mean that there were interference factors that could actually shoot down the aircraft that you so painstakingly put so much time, effort and money into. And I know that most of us have seen someones plane bite the dust just because someone close either accidently turned on a transmitter, or someone was using a transmitter for something other than flying and wasn't aware of the consequence.
    Now that electric aircraft are very popular and if your not using a 2.4 ghz radio you have to still worry about making sure that the motor, battery etc. does not interfere with your receiver as well. These radios are somewhat of a godsend to the model aircraft community because for one they are dual channel, this means that when you turn on the transmitter it seeks the receiver, and when the receiver is turned on, it seeks two clear channels and once they are found it then talks to the transmitter, and through the binding sequence the model will not respond to anyone elses transmitter. If the receiver only finds one out of two channels free it will not allow the aircraft to respond to any transmitter signals. and 2, almost nothing around will interfere with their signal, and in the event something ever interferes the receiver will go to fail safe mode. This can be programmed through the transmitter to mean whatever the pilot wants to happen, such as lower the throttle setting to idle, or turn the aircraft in a slow circle until it comes down so as not to have it fly away.

I have been using my DX6i going on my second year now and have almost totally gone away from my 72 mhz transmitters and receivers because of the interference problems. These 2.4 ghz systems have gotten me excited about flying in almost any situation. One of the nice things about the receivers are that the antennae wires do not have to extend outside of the aircraft and this too is something that allows the scale modeler the advantage of keeping their planes more scale like in appearance.

I can't say enough about these transmitters and receivers of today and I truley love using them in all my aircraft. Anyone just getting started should look into one for thier first transmitter because you won't be dissatisfied with the results of your purchase.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rick, George

Re: SPEKTRUM DX6i 6-CH 2.4GHz TX REviews

Nice Tx for my son.
    I bought this for my son to use, and also for use with the Bind and Fly models like the Vapor and Blade MCX. One feature I do like is the AA cells so if you run low on power you can pop in 4 AA batteries and go fly.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don

Spectrum DX6i Transmitter

I have two of the DX6i's, along with two DX8s.
    One of the 6i is DSM2 only, (came with a Blade Helicopter) the other DSM2/DSMX. $75 is a bit steep to update the DSM2 unit.
    That aside, both have worked very well with one exception.
    When you replace or remove batteries, clean and re-tension the battery clips can prevent intermittent operation.
    These days, I tend to fly with the DX8s, and use the DSM2 6i with a flight sim.

Based upon experience, I try to get my hands on two, not one of the transmitters I intend to use.
    In the past, problems with "buddy box" compatability, spare parts, send in for repair, etc. made me decide to have two of the transmitters I fly with. So far it's worked well for me.