At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Telemaster ARF, Yellow Reviews

Senior Telemaster ARF, Yellow Reviews

The Telepathic Telemaster
    Alright, so what's so telepathic about the Telemaster anyway, I hear you asking. Well, let's see; maybe its the way it seems to know what you want it to do, and does it before you realize that you've moved the control sticks,,,or maybe it's the way it constantly seems to send you subtle, subliminal messages back down the electronic signal path, right into your hands, telling you just what it does want you to do so that it can fly the way ti likes to fly - smoothly and effortlessly. Maybe it's these things; or maybe it's just that the Telemaster already knows how to fly, and just needs a willing partner in flight to guide it..

The Telemaster is, in my experience and considered opinion, the hands-down best designed R/C airplane ever created. For the rank, absolute beginning R/C student, it will build confidence quickly, and benignly help the student to learn the necessary skills which will enable him or her to rapidly become an excellent R/C pilot, ready to move on to fly more challenging aircraft with a sure hand. .For the more experienced R/C pilot it will provide hours of relaxing fun. It is also capable of just about every maneuver in the book, only it does them at an easy and graceful pace.

The Telemaster is the ideal choice for R/C pilots of every level of experience and sophistication. Hobby-Lobby's Ready Built Telemaster makes owning one of these great airplanes very easy, and eliminates the usual dozens of hours of building and finishing that, while satisfying, not everyone can set aside the the time for. The build quality is at least as good, and probably better, than I can do when I really take my time. From opening the box, to ready to take it to the field for that exciting first flight, took only about three hours of actual equipment installation and setting up . It could probably have been done in even less time.

I powered it with the suggested electric motor/battery/ speed control system and everything went into the airplane without any problem. At the field, it flew straight and true the first time, without more than a few clicks of trim needed on the elevator and rudder. The power on board was, if anything, more than it needed. It looped, and rolled, stall turned and spun, and did everything I could think of with no surprises, and with the graceful elan of a great flying design. Landing was at walking speed into a gentle breeze. A slight flair just before touchdown, and it gently floated to the ground and came to a stop after rolling a few yards. It made even me look good. Magic. Get one and fly it. You won't be sorry. I just might make you look good too.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Glicksman, Mitchell

Re: Senior Telemaster ARF, Yellow Reviews

Remember Fun? Here it is...
    What a fun airplane to fly. No bad habits at all and a great plane to learn on. I have 2 of the Senior ARFs; a kit built senior night flyer and a Giant night flyer under construction. The senior with a big engine is truck. A BIG truck. We have flown the 20cc gas version at 23 lbs and the 26cc gas version at over 25 lbs. It is heavy on the sticks at those weights, and no aerobatics, but it can and will fly. We routinely fly the 20 cc up to 2.5 hours on a single flight and the 26 cc has flown over 7 hours on a single flight. This is my favorite airplane. Years ago I flew the quickies, I still fly some 3d, and this is real fun. In a slight breeze, pull the flaps down and fly a kite. I "race" with a Kadet at our club, I can fly much slower. Order this plane only if you want to have years of fun with it. Caution, buying one leads you to buy several other versions because it is so much fun.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Heifner, Lew

Remember Fun? Here it is...
    What a fun airplane to fly. No bad habits at all and a great plane to learn on. I have 2 of the Senior ARFs; a kit built senior night flyer and a Giant night flyer under construction. The senior with a big engine is truck. A BIG truck. We have flown the 20cc gas version at 23 lbs and the 26cc gas version at over 25 lbs. It is heavy on the sticks at those weights, and no aerobatics, but it can and will fly. We routinely fly the 20 cc up to 2.5 hours on a single flight and the 26 cc has flown over 7 hours on a single flight. This is my favorite airplane. Years ago I flew the quickies, I still fly some 3d, and this is real fun. In a slight breeze, pull the flaps down and fly a kite. I "race" with a Kadet at our club, I can fly much slower. Order this plane only if you want to have years of fun with it. Caution, buying one leads you to buy several other versions because it is so much fun.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Heifner, Lew

Ready Built Senior Telemaster, Yellow
    Nice Setup, with 2 major problems, one - the main wing joiner split on takeoff, two - on the resulting hard landing almost every bulkhead came loose because the hot-glue holding the parts together doesn't.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Soule, Robert

Instructions
    I purchased this kit used but not built from a family member. I noticed right away that the instructions where not well layed out as far as a beginner builder/ finisher is concerned. It could use improvement with a little more detail in the radio mounting and elevator/rudder assy. Overall the kit is a nice kit but for a novice level to intermediate would more likely as far as level of experience is concerned.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Knight, John

Ready Built Senior Telemaster
    Plane is a very fast, fun build. I put an OS .61FX on it. It is a real hoot to fly. Very solid, high quality airplane, however, it does have some minor issues. The main wheels are lower in quality than I like. I have about 30 flights on mine and the center holes are egg shaping. I should have bushed them. The tail wheel is a poor performer, should be larger and higher quality. The covering around the engine insists on peeling back. Factory should have prepped the balsa in that area better. The furnished wheel collars weren't the correct size for the mains. All that said, I love my Telly
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Berkey, Rex

BIG fun!
    Setup this for 17cc gas. Might want to have done 20cc or better at my 6500' elevation. Overall very happy with the plane. Might want to work on elevator control rods / method as the supplied unit was a bit "flexible" also enhance instructions for suggested options on alternate ways to attach wing other than rubber bands. Lastly the wheels were not up the the rest of the plane's quality. Plane durability has thus far been great with some "off-runway" excursions that were a little rough and yet the plane stays ready to go. Looking at the new 12' Telemaster ARF but the price has me a bit hesitant thus far.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Kennedy, James

senior telemaster (arf)
    The instructions are horrible. pictures are so small that you can't make out what they are trying to show you. not for an inexperienced builder. glad that I had previous building experience. having said all that, it is a pleasure to fly. it flies like a dream. smooth and beautiful. I am thoroughly enjoying it. have had many compliments on this plane.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by newell, lynn

Wing Strut failure
    Well the first day, Dec 26th, went well for the first 11 flights of my Christmas Present. The ARF Senior Telemaster Yellow 8' Big Bird is dead. I was towing gliders and banners most of the day with Flaperon, Ch#1 & #6 set up on the Transmitter. All flights went very good, you know nothing flys like a Telemaster, until the 12th tow job.
    I released a banner tow rig low to the runway in practice for a flag towing next month. All went well on the release and the Tele nosed down so I gave it a little up elevator and the Wing Strut broke at the attach point and the Hard Point wing mount ripped out of the wing allowing the air to get inside the wing. The wings started to disintegrate and raining down balsa wing rib pieces, then the wing came off the plane and as you know gravity rules. Both struts came loose from the cheep glue joint in the wings, All Glue joints are failing to bond to the Cheep Balsa used for the build up. During the Maiden flight I Rolled and Looped the plane checking it's Wing Loading with out problems. The loud POPPING sound when the wing strut mounts gave way indicates the failure point was over loaded.
    Checking the glued balsa parts I found very little if nothing bonding the pieces. My recommendation is to remove the covering and reinforce the strut mounts before your first flight.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Craner, Michael

I'm not sure who the reviewer is as this looks a lot like spam stuff! But as far as the wing struts go, I did have the same problem on the yellow ARF senior telemaster. Fortunately we didn't have the catastrophic failure that this poster had. On the second flight the whole mounting block in the wing pulled out. The instructor I was training with landed the plane without incident. The way the strut was mounted to the fuse, it wasn't able to swing around or down to cause any problems for landing. We were training and not doing any thing fancy with the plane. Just slow, lazy, boring circles around the airfield. Since I also had modified the wing to be attached with wing bolts instead of rubber bands, I had reenforced the wings at the fuselage so losing the strut didn't hurt in this case. But yes, I would say the hard point for mounting the strut was not glued in very well. I'd recommend checking this on new planes.

Now I do have a question. Should there be some play in the struts? I.e. Should there be some flex in them or is it ok to make the attachments to the fuse and wing in such a way that there is little to no give? I kind of thought that maybe there should be some flex. But then I thought if there was flex than a sudden jerk would increase the possibility of pulling out a strut. Mine were pretty rigid with very little flex possible and I was planning on using the same mounting design on my new fuse with the repaired wings.

Tiller