At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAFALE DUCTED FAN JET, ARF Reviews

RAFALE DUCTED FAN JET, ARF Reviews

Rafale EDF RC Jet
    I built mine without landing gear and it flies like a champ. Landings are slow and very controllable. Put extra packaging tape on belly for protection (if you land on grass there is no problem) Has to be hand launched, but with light wing loading, hand launches are not a problem. Don't get me wrong this is no trainer and is best handled by intermediate or better RC pilots. It can go pretty fast if you want it to go, but I fly it between half to 3/4 throttle and it handles very good when you slow it down. One of the members of my RC club changed the motor and improvised vents in the tail to make it handle like "vectored thrust" (he has even flown that one indoors in a gym) Most everything is finished with very little to do to get it flying. Just glue both wings and the rudder and pretty much that's it. Camouflage scheme is very effective, so don't fly it too far or it will blend with the background.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Benet, Rafael

Re: RAFALE DUCTED FAN JET, ARF Reviews

Rafale EDF Delta Wing
    Please don't wase your money on this Jet { It is a pice of CRAP }

The thing went into a stall at take off even when the C.G. was right on. It CASHED and the nose broke off.

I don't think Hobby-Lobby has the BALLS to submit my review.

P.S. Don't try to program the Speed control using a programing card because the Cheep Speed control will
    BURN UP.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Gagnon, Albert

Rafale
    Excellent little plane,bit too fast for me though,i fly model helicopters so thought how hard can it be to fly this??it is a model for someone with a few flight hours and a very large space to fly it in but after a few flights and when trimmed properly flights superbly,also order the extra battery pack to double your flight time,the thing i like about this plane is it also makes quite a good static display model
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Coles, Michael

Rafale EDF
    The Rafale arrived safe, packaged very well. Upon opening the box I was pleased to find a very impressive aircraft, very scale like, nicely painted and surprisingly light for this size bird. For anyone with previous building skills assembly should not be a concern but I would caution new builders to have someone look over their work. The instructions are pretty much image specific and very basic, they appear to be targeted for the first time builder which is OK for a slow Park Flyer but could cause problems for a Ducted Fan Jet of this complexity. I could find no mention of CG location nor any notes indicating that balance is achieved with placement of battery. I ran a CG calculation that indicated a point 10.88"aft on root Chord and the MAC distance 4.75" from the center line of the Fuselage or Root Chord, this matched pretty close to the ready to fly configuration. This is good information if any changes are made including battery weight.
    I have made one flight so far and the Rafale performs as advertised, it is straight forward and no real surprises in fact a fun to fly airplane.
    Overall, this is a real bargain for a scale EDF of this size.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Harris, Robert

reafale EDF
    I got this plane in the mail and it was very easy to put together although the directions did not include anything about how to balance the plane so it was a guess. It turns out it is pretty well balanced. I charged the battery and was excited to go flying. I did my usual pre flight and off it went into the air. I did get approximately 45 seconds of flight when the engine quit and I had to dead stick it. I did not know why and am still trouble shooting the problems. Hobby-lobby staff was of great help.

Aside from that the plane is very responsive and it would have been nice to be able to put some exponential in the radio system. It needs it. I may link the plane to my own radio just for that reason. It is a very squirly plane
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Duzman, Eran

best edf jet. period
    This takes 15 min to build, with REALLY REALLY good parts. all surfaces prehinged, cg preset, just buy and fly. finish is flawless. watch the vid. it really flies just like that. BUY THIS NOW> IT IS THE BEST EDF JET AT ANY PRICE PERIOD. LANDS VERY SLOW AND STABLE FLIES VERY SCALE. buy it. just buy it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Rafale EDF
    Not much more can be said that hasn't been already. The jet came out of the box in great shape and very easy to put together. Great looking aircraft on the ground and in the air. Very stable at both high and low speeds. I would recommend this jet.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Flyboy330

Great 1st EDF
    This is one of the quickest building RTF kits I have ever built. I used 5 minute epoxy instead of the supplied glue and was done in about 15 minutes. The plane and and transmitter came packaged well with no damage.
    The Rafale has ample power to ROG or hand launch. The big delta wing gives plenty of wing surface to provide lift. This is one EDF you don't have to fly at 100% throttle for the entire flight.
    With the stock setup I am pulling 319 Watts @ 29 Amps.

Thanks to my mediocre piloting skills I can also comment about the Rafale's repairability, which is GREAT! I had a clean break on the wing and rudder and a severely smashed in nose. The breaks were fixed w/ gorilla glue and some spackle , original foam pieces and balsa ply fixed up the nose. She still flies like a champ!

I got mine during a crash sale and I LOVE my Rafale. It is no speed demon, but it has performed outstanding w/ the complete stock setup.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Ford, John

This is the King of Delta EDF Jets
    These are my thoughts on the Rafale EDF jet from Hobby-Lobby.
    This jet has AWESOME speed and has impressed many flyers at my field. I have crashed it a few times :( , but it was easily repaired in a few minutes and it was hardly noticeable. Also, the receiver works with my Futaba 9Z, so I can set up expo and stuff. Awesome.

Build Time: 10 minutes - Surfaces pre-hinged, control horns in place, all servos secured, all I had to do was glue on a few things. Too easy. Thank you HL!

Flying: Excellent flight characteristics, high roll rate (if you want it), nice slow landings, high-alpha is easy because the nose stalls before the wings so there is no wing-rock, great maneuverability.

Components: High strength servos (a bit noisy but they center well), Good quality motor and ESC, EDF could be balanced better but works great, battery holds and delivers charge very very well, large battery compartment to suit other types of batteries.

Conclusions: This is by far the BEST EDF jet I have hever flown (but maybe there are more I need to try from Hobby-Lobby!). The high quality parts used on this aircraft make this an exceptional flyer. A friend of mine easily converted his Rafale to have thrust vectoring and this jet is fun to paint and create a cool paint job. Here's a video of my good friend's thrust vectoring mod:
    Thanks for reading my review!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Imhof, Kyle

service
    service is horrible they wi llnot call u back
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by ladd, robert