10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Radian PNP Reviews

Radian PNP Reviews

great flyer and easy
    great airplane.....relaxing and easy....love it
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by moyer, don

Re: Radian RTF Reviews

Radian RTF Great Fun
    I received the Radian on Saturday and went flying on Sunday. Easy, fast build and the box can be saved for transportation. At full power the glider leaps out of hand and climbs smoothly. One one charge I few for about an hour, and was able to do loops with minimal loss of altitude. The only issue was the tape for the rear stabilizer came unstuck and required reapplication.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by mcclain, daniel

Radian RTF
    I own 3 of these, bought 1 and it flew so great got another etc. One has RTL GPS module I use for high flying in good thermals. RTL (Return to Launch) will bring it back directly overhead if you lose sight of it. The other has a RAM sound system. They fly fast, high and I can only see 2 draw backs with the plane. The wing saddle should be reinforced, I glue down fiberglass tape because I had the wing break loose under wind stress . Also I run a 6" piece of Velcro on the bottom of each wing near the base, and glue a 15-16 inch piece of Velcro across the place where the wing slides in place. This keeps wing from working free and they wear and loosen. It climbs at 75-90 degree angle to get up to thermal activity area. I usually place a spy camera under the wing on each flight. They are about the size of a pack of chewing gum and with a 2 GB Micro SD card you can take two hours of video at each flight. I download to Windows movie maker and edit, ad special effects and music background. I wish it came with ailerons so CRAB type spoiler could be used to shorten the landing glide. It just keeps fly on flying and flying like the Energizer Bunny. Very good plane I may buy more. I also have the EasyGlider Pro with has the ailerons /elevator combo for short landing fields. I have several hundred hours with few mishaps, dumb stuff rudder control screw worked loose unnoticed. Mainly Pilot error. Good Plane, You won't be sorry. I gave it a 4 because of the saddle weakness, be gentle don't get caught in strong down drafts and you'll be OK.
    Lee
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Walker, Lee

RADIAN RTF
    THIS GLIDER IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. I GAVE IT 5 STARS BECAUSE I ENJOY IT MORE THAN THE OTHERS THAT I HAVE WHICH ARE THE CULARIS,EASY GLIDER PRO AND THE EASY STAR.THIS IS A FINE SLOPE AND THERMAL GLIDER AND NEEDS NO POWER FOR SLOPE GLIDING IF YOU HAVE A GOOD UPDRAFT OFF THE SLOPE AND YOU HAVE OVER 12 MILE PER HOUR WINDS BLOWING ONTO THE SLOPE OR CLIFF.I DID USE 5 MINUTE EPOXY TO TACK THE WINGS AGAINST THE FUSALGE SO AS TO LOCK THEM IN AND I ALSO USED IT AROUND THE TAIL AND STABALIZER TO MAKE EVERYTHING RIDGID.OUTSIDE OF THAT I SEE NO PROBLEMS NOR HAVE I HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS PLANE. LANDINGS ARE SLOW AND THE NOSE AND BELLY OF THE PLANE HANDLE GRASS AND BEACH LANDINGS FINE. I DID RUN SOME CLEAR PACKAGING TAPE ALONG THE BELLY SO IT WOULD SLIDE BETTER ON LANDINGS AND NOT DING ANYTHING.I USE AN 1800 MAH BATTERY AND FLIGHTS ARE ALWAYS OVER AN HOUR OR CLOSE TO IT DEPENDING ON THE TROTTLE.IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE WIND AND UNDERSTAND THERMALS THIS WOULD BE A GREAT PLANE FOR YOU. ITS VERY BASIC,VERY FORGIVING AND FLOATS GRACEFULLY IN THE LIGHTEST BREEZE. I WOULD RECOMEND THIS IF YOU WANT LOTS OF FLYING TIME WITH NO STRESS. KENNY DUTRA,CAPE COD, MA.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by DUTRA, KENNETH

the Radian rocks!
    I don't do this sort of thing (submit review) but I have to say that the radian is just what I was looking for!! Tired of the jerk's at the local flying field I thought I would try a plane I could fly anywhere that did NOT require a flying club/field. I built it in 15 min and I was flying at my local park the same day. I specked it the first day. My record so far is a 20 second full throttle burn to alt and never touched the throttle again for about 55 min until I had to land for lunch. I recommend a bright color on bottom of wing. When flying it the sun shines through it a little making it very easy to see when it's a little tiny dot in the blue sky. I could set the transmitter down and get a drink it was so stable. I can see the lift better when flying from left to right and when I do then I turn in it. When turning all the time it is hard to see the lift. When it's a dot in the sky you can let it do it's own thing just head the way you wont it to go and it will sort it self out. I think it needs ailerons for those windy day's on the slope. I plan on putting them on soon. This would make a very good trainer for the beginner. I have been flying for 25 years now flying everything and I LOVE THIS PLANE!! If I brake it I will be ordering another for sure. I don't do acro with it I don't think it's strong enough. I have others for that. I gave it 5 stars for it being such a good flying airplane. It's a floter for sure. It's hard to get it out of the sky sometimes that's no joke! I could go on and on about this one. Get one you'll see!!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by cobasky, rob