At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE WEDELL-WILLIAMS Reviews

PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE WEDELL-WILLIAMS Reviews

Jimmie Wedell would be proud!
    If your flying field is crowded with warbirds and post-war civilian ships, then this 1930s speedster is for you.

One of the first offerings from Hobby-Lobby's Pilot-1 series, the 1/8 Scale Wedell-Williams ARF brings the classic Bendix Trophy racer to market in a sturdy, well built kit. Any new design suffers from a few "first-run" glitches and this kit is no exception, but Hobby-Lobby's first-class staff has been quick to address these issues both online and on the phone. I would suspect that by the time you read this, the second run of kits will have any remaining kinks ironed out. I believe I received one of the first kits off the assembly line.

The kit goes together quickly and the airframe is easy to assemble. The only negative is a poor black-and-white instruction manual with low-resolution photographs (minus one star.) Fortunately, H-L offers a color version available as a .pdf: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt. ... id=2290669

The scale flight wires are really tricky to run throughout the plane's exterior. But they look great and are worth the extra effort. Once you get those assembled with the scale teardrop wheel pants you will be grinning from ear-to-ear as this this classic "golden age" racer comes to life.

I personally would like to see some additional scale graphics, but H-L has provided a solid plane that can be customized to one of the many designs this plane wore over it's short lifespan. I have a feeling this is the first of many planes I will be purchasing from the Hobby-Lobby's Pilot-1 series.

Tony Fletcher
    Alexandria, VA
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Fletcher, Tony

Re: PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE WEDELL-WILLIAMS Reviews

Jimmie Wedell would be proud!
    If your flying field is crowded with warbirds and post-war civilian ships, then this 1930s speedster is for you.

One of the first offerings from Hobby-Lobby's Pilot-1 series, the 1/8 Scale Wedell-Williams ARF brings the classic Bendix Trophy racer to market in a sturdy, well built kit. Any new design suffers from a few "first-run" glitches and this kit is no exception, but Hobby-Lobby's first-class staff has been quick to address these issues both online and on the phone. I would suspect that by the time you read this, the second run of kits will have any remaining kinks ironed out. I believe I received one of the first kits off the assembly line.

The kit goes together quickly and the airframe is easy to assemble. The only negative is a poor black-and-white instruction manual with low-resolution photographs (minus one star.) Fortunately, H-L offers a color version available as a .pdf: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt. ... id=2290669

The scale flight wires are really tricky to run throughout the plane\'s exterior. But they look great and are worth the extra effort. Once you get those assembled with the scale teardrop wheel pants you will be grinning from ear-to-ear as this this classic "golden age" racer comes to life.

I personally would like to see some additional scale graphics, but H-L has provided a solid plane that can be customized to one of the many designs this plane wore over it's short lifespan. I have a feeling this is the first of many planes I will be purchasing from the Hobby-Lobby's Pilot-1 series.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Fletcher, Tony