At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE PA-12 ARF Reviews

PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE PA-12 ARF Reviews

I think the Piper Cub Super Cruiser is the best Pilot-1 plane to date!
    I think the Piper Cub Super Cruiser is the best Pilot-1 plane to date!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Hobby Lobby customer

Re: PILOT-1 1/8 SCALE PA-12 ARF Reviews

pilot-1 pa-12
    Anyone who likes cubs and trainers will love this plane. It does take a few hours longer to assemble than suggested.the workmanship and detail is great and you will get a lot of attention at the flying field.the plane is very easy to take off and land and the viability in the air against a blue sky is fantastic. This is for an advanced beginner or higher up because of its ailerons and how they have to be programmed with the rudder for proper turning.and it would be to your advantage to have put together a few other planes before this one..i put what i consider a high power system in this plane. eflite 480,30a esc and dx6i system.you can go to less power but i had this set up so i used it.keep an eye on the line up of the engine and if you shim it,the engine wants to be a little downward and to the right viewed from the cockpit.so if you like cubs, this is a must have for your hanger.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by dutra, kenneth

Pilot-1 PA-12 Piper Super Cruiser
    Superb kit in every way! Excellent scale fidelity, top quality construction and engineering, everything fits together so well! The instruction booklet is well-presented, with good illustrations and comprehensive step-by-step details. LOVE the scale color scheme. Mine will be powered with a .15-size gas engine. Can't wait to show it off to the guys out at the field!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Bailey, Donald

Looks like the real thing!
    What a great airplane!!!! Great kit, great instruction manual, and a first flight that will send chills of nostalgia up your spine. I just cannot get over how good it looks on those fly-bys. The guys in our club that aren't into slow scale even commented on what a pretty plane the sc was as she passed by. I put a 2217 motor in her with a 20 amp ESC as well as a 3s 2200 mah lipo. This was a solid combination. The aileron to rudder and differential mixing that the manual calls for is not required to fly the plane, but it sure makes it fly much smoother. I started at the recommended A->R mixing and ended up with quite a bit more to get it to my liking. I also have flown her with a 1300 mah lipo which gets the weight down to 30.5 ounces. She flies much smoother with the 2200 mah if there is any wind at all. I could do fly-bys with her all day and be happy!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Sanders, Simon

1/8 scale Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser by Pilot models / Hobby Lobby
    My Birthday was last week and when I saw the new Pilot series PA-12 - I just had to get the sweet machine.
    It came well packed with no damage and I was very pleased with beauty, construction and strength of this fine lill machine. Very well designed and well built to keep it very light and yet real strong - I am quite impressed and I've been in modeling about 50 yrs now. It went together with with very little effort and all parts fit very well - very high quality cowl / looks great ! I had her ready to fly after one evening of steady assembly & programing with my new JR DX-7 2.4 radio. I used an E-flite 450 motor with a 1300 lipo pack to keep it light - she has a very light wing loading ! It was a bit breezy out for a test flight (10 MPH) but she flew like a homesick angel ! Very agile and effortless to fly and she looks just like a real PA-12 cruising above the tree line - what a wonderful flying / super looking model - my hats off to Hobby Lobby and the designers for another great success ! Seeing how great this one is - I am very anxious to get my hands on the larger 1/4 scale big brother - it would be mighty fine with that new 20 CC gas Satio 4 stroke ! Again - I definitly give the lill PA-12 a huge 5 + Great job guys ! keep up the good work & have FUN ! Rod Maier in PA.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Maier, Rod

Why Can't I instal adobe flash player ?
    Why Do I Have So Much Trouble with Hobby-Lobby Soft ware.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Johnson, Norman

Ok
    This airplane was well constructed and went together very well. I have been flying rc again for the past year, and all I own are taidraggers. To me, this airplane did not fly well as compared to my Eflite Taylorcraft, Stinson Reliant, or my Eflite PT19, or P51 Mustang. This airplane has bad stall tendencies in turns, did not handle any wind well, and after several flights, was still difficult for me to "get the hang of". It always wanted to stall in turns, on takeoff, and the slightest breeze caused it to get knocked around and when I tried to correct it wanted to stall. I took the electronics out of it and put them in another Eflite airplane. If you haven't flown an Eflite Taylorcraft you should it is hands down 200% better.
    Some of the problems might have been related to my inexperience in the hobby, but I will stick with airplanes that fly well and I do not have to fight all the time.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Masters, Mike

Pilot-1 PA-12
    Maiden Flight Christmas Day 2010, Flies great & easy to fly for a advanced pilot. I put mine on skis and is wonderful to fly in the wintertime. I used the E-Flite 480 1020kv motor & the Castle Creations 50amp ICE esc with a 10x7 prop. Take-offs are easy and with a 2200 3 cell lipo I average a good 12 minute hard flying. Easy to build, Hobby Lobby sells great planes=) Futaba 3107 servo's all around. Cubs are always a fun relaxing plane to fly! =)
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Johnson, Gary