At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Pilot-1 1/6 Scale PA-12 Reviews

Pilot-1 1/6 Scale PA-12 Reviews

Wonderful model
    VERY nice airplane in both scale appearance and flight qualities. I have an assembly thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1128797 I built mine without instructions and had no problems at all. This is a wonderful time to be in the hobby. Personally I'm hoping for more offering in 1/6 scale size. "Please Mr. Hobby Lobby ,..... may I have a Stinson please".
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by guilfoyle, fred

Re: Pilot-1 1/6 Scale PA-12 Reviews

Electric-Supercub.-Pilot 1 PA-12 1/6th Scale
    Yes Sir re-bob, I bought this at the Toledo show, and this supper-cub flies with a E-flite 25 and two 2100mah batteries, I'm tellen you it fly's like it was on rails, everybody that has flown it say's-----W O W, it's a really nice plane to fly, and with those two lipo's, I average around 15 minuet flight's, doing not just simple flying-either. I could not be happier and to top it all, it look's Great------Lenny Charles
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Grandmason, Lenny

This PA-12 makes a fantastic float plane
    I ordered a custom set of foam cores and put this PA-12 on floats. If you are interested, click on the picture of the floats with the brass water rudder on the homepage of www.seaplanesupply.com where I purchased the foam cores. There is also an article here at Hobby Lobby in the "forum" section under Airplanes, Pilot-1.

I love this airplane on floats. It flies like a dream - if you like scale airplanes. I analyzed many available ARF's in terms of the characteristics I value in a float plane before purchasing this model. It has fully met my expectations. With an AXi 2826/12 motor, ThunderPower 3900 mAH 4S Li-po, an APC 13x7 sport prop and 34 inch SeaPlane Supply foam core floats it weighs 97.4 oz. ready to fly. The wing loading is a modest 19.73 oz./sq. ft. and the wing cube loading is just 8.88. At 103 watts/lb. performance is excellent. Flight times vary from 12 to 16 minutes with about 20% remaining in the pack.

With more than 50 flights on the PA-12 I am thinking of ordering another just to have a spare in the box in reserve should I have some unforeseen mishap. I would not want to be without this delightful model.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by March, Tom

PA-12 1/6 SCALE
    I BOUGHT ONE OF THE PA-16 1/6 SCALE BACK IN AUG. 2010 JUST GOT AROUND TO BUILDING IT, DID NOT COME WITH MANUAL,SALES PERSON TOLD ME THEY WERE OLINE,AT THE TIME HAD NOT MOVED INTO THE MODERN AGE,HE COPIED THE AND SENT THEM TO ME NO CHARGE,I THOUGHT NOW THAT'S SERVICE.AS FOR THE PLANE LOOK GREAT AND GOES TOGETHER GREAT,HAD TO SHIM THE WHEELS WITH SOME ROBART BUSHINGS,THEY WERE WAY TO BIG FOR THE LANDING GEAR,WISH THE WIRE WAS BIGGER BUT IT MAY HOLD UP FINE,I INSTALLED A 25 YEAR OLD SAITO 45 BUT STILL RUNS GREAT,HAD TO CUT OUT BATT. SHELF TO INSTALL FUEL TANK,NO BIGGIE.THIS PLANE IS BUILT LIGHT,BUT STRONG,HAVE NOT FLEW YET,BUT IF IT FLYS HALF AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS WILL BE HAPPY,I ONLY WISH THEY MADE OTHER PLANES IN THE PILOT LINE IN 1/6 AS THIS IS THE SIZE PLANE I LIKE TO FLY AND,HAVE ROOM FOR.LOVE THOSE PLANES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE... I GIVE THIS PLANE 5 STARS!!!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by BOUSLOG, RICHARD

PA-12 1/6 SCALE
    I HAD SENT IN A REVIEW ON THIS PLANE BUT HAD NOT FLEW IT TILL NOW,IT REALLY DOES FLY AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS,AND THAT 20 PLUS YEAR OLD SAITO 45 HAD NO PROBLEM PULLING IT ALONG,I LOVE THIS PLANE,PLEASE MR.HOBBY LOBBY GIVE US A 1/6 SCALE STINSON,AND MAYBE A 1/6 SCALE CHAMP, PLEASE MAKE FOR GLOW OR ELECTRIC,IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!! THIS PLANE GETS THE FIVE STARS FOR SURE!!!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by BOUSLOG, RICHARD