At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: P-38 LIGHTNING ARF Reviews

P-38 LIGHTNING ARF Reviews

Not as advertised
    The ad says prepainted. The kit I received was unpainted. Very disappointed. Many types of glue required. Not packed properly. This is the last purchase from Hobby Lobby.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Rounds, Ronald

Re: P-38 LIGHTNING ARF Reviews

P-38
    I've had two of these fantastic airplanes and Found that they preform excellent in the air. The first p-38 Had a little mishap with a Focke Wolfe 190. The young man flying it wanted to simulate a WW2 combat situation and took out my left aileron with his prop. He was very apologetic to say the least. His dad bought me the 2nd one. So it worked out. I use two Esskay 400 outrunners and two castle creation 18 amp ESC's. With the 3 blade props that come with the kit the plane just screams at 1/2 throttle. I power my lighting with a 1300 mah 3s which gives a solid 5-7 min flight. I've used 2100's and of course the flight time increases greatly. But now you,ve got a CG situation that can be remedied by moving the battery back. The only draw backs with the plane is, #1 the price, #2 The lack of air flow over the battery in the nose. Other than that Good airplane, great flyer.
    Tom M
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Merwarth, Tom

Re: P-38 LIGHTNING ARF Reviews

A GOOD MODEL
    Been flying this for 2 years now, and for a kit it flies great. Nice details and lots of power to spare. At first i had aileron flutter at moderate speeds, so I installed a servo in each wing. It could do with larger ailerons, but the roll-rate is very realistic. Watch out when spinning, the model may need several revolutions to recover. Power off patterns eat up altitude, so keep it high if near battery cut-off time.
    I'd buy it again
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by janssens, paul