At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: CG problem on Senior Tel. Plus

CG problem on Senior Tel. Plus

Just completed the ST "Plus" and am having a problem with the CG being in the correct range. I think the new range on the forums has the aft CG going back as far as 6.25 inches from leading edge. My Telemaster is balancing out at about 7-7.5 inches back. I have instaled the AXI 4130 motor with 5 Cell/ 5000 mah battery. Really don't want to add weight to the nose. Perhaps I should increase battery size? Are these Telemasters tail heavy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Re: CG problem on Senior Tel. Plus

Get that CG to at least 6-1/2" back from the leading edge of wing. Do whatever it takes. This plane can handle many pounds of payload, so adding some weight to the nose is totally worth it to get your plane to fly correctly. You could also go bigger batteries for crazy run time and useable weight.

Jason

I put 2 5cell 5000 mAh batteries in parallel and it balances 5 inches back from leading edge.....

Here is the acceptible range for the CG on the Telemaster. I asked Jason about this yesterday and here is what he gave me;

The acceptable range is about 4" - 6.5" back from the leading edge.

So it sounds as though you are right in the ballpark and closer to the middle of the range, so you should be in very good shape with that because it gives you room to move it around if need be to suit your flying taste.

CK