At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: ALFA MIG-15 ELECTRIC DUCTED FAN ARF Reviews

ALFA MIG-15 ELECTRIC DUCTED FAN ARF Reviews

The lightest and fastest EDF plane.
    Easy to fly, but use two servos for ailerons and elevon mix for landing. Very nice plane. The best from Alfa EDFs.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Meshik, Michael

Re: ALFA MIG-15 ELECTRIC DUCTED FAN ARF Reviews

The better from Alfa's EDF planes.
    Not so easy for building, but easy for flying. Use two micro servos for ailerons and elevon mix.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Meshik, Michael

Hard to beat
    Very well designed aircraft. Builds easily and flies beautifully. I have been flying mine for over two years on the original motor set up and have no complaints. Nice and fast in flight but glides extremely well.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Cameron, Colin

Great ducted fan plane
    This is one of my all time favorite planes to fly. The Mig 15 was my first EDF that I had success with. The plane can rise off grass very easily. With everything recommended the plane has good flight time and is very easy to assemble. With a plane this size it is very easy to transport but as it is made of foam you need to be careful with it. This plane can do loops and rolls with ease. Landing this plane was also very easy as it flys slow and steady.

If you do take off from grass make sure there isn't much loose debris in front of the plane. Mine sucked up a little dirt clod that hit the fan and it did some damage to the foam tube that is in front and behind the EDF unit. This plan was not hard to fix this damage.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Luders, Ryan

MIG-15 Scale Electric Ducted Fan ARF
    I purchased the MIG-15 Scale Electric Ducted Fan ARF with all the recommended accessories, because this was my first ducted fan plane, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. Although an ARF, there is a little more work and skill necessary to put this together than other kits. Specifically, lining up the two elevator pushrods, and setting up the aileron servo and flexible pushrods, did take some careful effort. A fair amount of thought was also needed to squeeze the flight battery and receiver into the small area beneath the canopy. Special care was also needed to keep the surfaces undamaged during the building process; the foam surfaces are very soft and delicate, but the finish is superior to most other foamy jets. I painted the pilot and applied the decals.

I hand-launched the plane for its first flight. Initially the climb was reasonable and I simply flew the plane though the rounded-corner flight pattern at our club. I wasn’t sure how the anhedral (downward angled wings) would affect the flight. Landing was simply a matter of throttling down and gliding in, careful to keep the wings level.

After a few flights, I really began to admire this model. It was a lot of fun to fly. The plane could do nice rolls and loops. Flying without rudder control did not seem to be a problem. By far, the most impressive aspect of this model is the fact that it can slide on the grass and takeoff without wheels. This is probably due to the position and angle of the wings, which allows airflow beneath the wings.

I have a non-RC-flying older friend who used to work on vintage jets, including an F-86, which was the American adversary to the Mig-15. I brought him to our RC club one day, and he sat mesmerized and smiling, watching my Mig fly around the field.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Rogozinsky, Michael

Another great Alfa EDF!
    This is another great Alfa EDF model. The best part of the Mig-15 is putting it down on the ground and taking it off of the grass. As with all Alfa EDFs, I highly suggest using the 5 blade rotor and installing a 1.8" diameter exit nozzle to get the best performance. One thing I will mention is that if you plan on flying 4S in this model you really need to buy two 2S lipos and install them like saddle bags on the sides of the fuselage. Another note is to make sure you glue each wing on the fuselage at the same angle of attack and remove any paint before gluing the wing to the fuselage side.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don