At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: FOKKER E.III "EINDECKER" ARF Reviews

FOKKER E.III "EINDECKER" ARF Reviews

Fokker E.III Eindecker ARF Parkflyer
    The plane was packed very well when i received it.
    It toook me 2 evenings to assemble, thats because i wanted to let the epoxy set overnight.
    The instructions are ok, but sometimes hard to see the pictures.
    The Sheet foam is very fragile, very easy to break..

After i got the plane together, the electronics were easy to install. two 9 gram servos , 18 amp esc and a 4 channel receiver. I used a 1000mah cell nimh battery that fit nicely in the compartment.
    One servo on the wing and one in fuselage for the elevator.

Motor and all hardware comes with it.
    I can't say i had any major assemly problems at all.

Now lets talk about flying the Fokker E.III Eindecker ARF Parkflyer...
    Since im a new pilot and this is my 3rd plane, i had a friend to maiden the Fokker E.III Eindecker ARF Parkflyer.

My friend has been flying for over 6 years, we hand launched it and it gracefully took off, it flew very nice. He adjusted the trim and handed it over.With the 300 motor it flew very nice, it did quick rolls, loops and inverted flight with out any problems.It has a nice glide rate.

I have crashed it once do to the battery coming out during roll. I cracked the foam my the motormount, glued it, added some tape. Now im adding a brushless motor to it.

Overall, this is a very fun plane to fly. I would recommend it to anyone, it looks cool in the air.the reason i give it 4 stars instead of 5 is the thin sheet foam they use.

i would buy another one.

Pros:
    Fun to fl
    easy to assembly
    good for a first Aileron plane.

Cons:
    Could use thicker foam

Thanks
    www.handfistrc.com
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by John H

Re: FOKKER E.III "EINDECKER" ARF Reviews

My red fokker
    This airplane is a great way to learn to fly with ailerons. I set mine very mild so it won't flip over too quickly. If the plane gets too far away it is actually hard to tell if it's upside down. It's a fun cheap little plane. It is not forgiving though, if you crash it that means it's damaged. Usually not hard to fix with epoxy. It also doesn't like wind much. I found it impossible to control on the ground for scale take offs, so I added a functional rudder. There is enough room next to the elevator servo for a rudder servo. Now I can steer the plane for nice take offs and landings. I would recommend this airplane if you like to model and tinker or learn how to fly with ailerons. I would not recommend it for a novice or one that doesn't have the time or patience to fix broken foam and wood airplanes.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Cyliax, Jim

Great Aileron Trainer
    I used this airplane to teach my brother how to fly with ailerons. Worked very well, just wasn't very crash resistant. I was able to get it flying with a pretty cheap set up and being that the plane is relatively inexpensive, it made for quite a bargain. I would recommend it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Groden, Mark

Great ballpark flying model
    I bought two of these during the day after Thanksgiving sale and my buddy and I would chase each other in the park down the street. In general I was happy but both of out models has the firewall/landing gear glued on with some type of hot glue and after a few flights the mount broke loose so we had to epoxy them back on. We were using 2S 800mah lipos with the stock power system with a 7 amp brushed ESC. I ended up rotating the back plate on my motor to advance the timing and increase the power a little to get more thrust from mine. Not a bad value but I would go over the plywood joints first before assembly.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don

eindecker
    this is the best park flyer i have had, it builds easy, very stable, I will not be without one of these in my shop.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by mears, andy

buy it
    i will never buy a different rc plane untill I'm indeterminate
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by shanko, logan