At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: FJ-3 (F-86, Navy Version) ARF Reviews

FJ-3 (F-86, Navy Version) ARF Reviews

What material is it made from?
    It would be most helpful to indicate, in the product description, whether this jet is made of EPO, EPS foam or balsa wood.
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Peters, Chris

Re: FJ-3 (F-86, Navy Version) ARF Reviews

What material is it made from?
    It would be of great help to indicate, within the product description, whether this jet is made from EPO, EPS, EPP foam material or balsa wood?
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Peters, Chris

None
    I have the smaller version of this plane and i love it. I can only imagine that this one is easier to fly due to it being larger and heavier. Its gotta be much more stable then the original HL saber/mig. I'm definitely going to buy this plane in the future but the price it a little too high for a plug and play. Include a "stock" free wing or power wing battery and we'll talk. $220 bucks seems a little too expensive for no battery or receiver. I think a lot of people are going to wait for a sale on this then pounce.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Scribani, Michael

...Decals?
    I haven't flown this f86 yet, just finishing up the assembly...without the "waterslide" decals. This is the most useless set of decals I have ever seen. Okay, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if so, where are the instructions for getting them to slide off the paper? And when they finally did they disintegrated. Now I have a "scale" F86 without insignia.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Laurienti, Jim

Hobby Lobby scores yet again with teh FJ3 (F86)
    I assembled this jet for a review and could not be happier. The color scheme is awesome, and the build instructions are phenomenal. The jet goes together in about 5 hours of time, and there is not much needed other than epoxy. All the servos are installed and the extensions are in place too...how cool is that! How does it fly? It flies very well in the complete stock format without any special fan system, etc. It rolls very quickly on the high high rates, meaning way past the recommended throws. Loops are nice and the spee is good too. Best part, it lands nice and slow so don't worry about touching down with a lot of throttle, it just doesn't need it. You will get about 5-6 minutes of flight time with some battery left over, but don't push it. All fans are this way so that shouldn't be a surprise. This was my first jet of any sort, and I love it! Get one.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by vanwinkle, james

Only complaint is some slight deception. From the pictures it looks like the battery is installed on the top of the plane. The battery hatch is actually below. Which i hate. The removable canopy hides your receiver. This fuselage is in several pieces and must be glued. It's not made out of their tough EPO foam like the smaller F86 Sabre. The smaller Sabre seemed like a better deal and it was more innovative, this one feels like a step backwards.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Sal Scribs, Mike