At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F5E TIGER AIRFRAME Reviews

F5E TIGER AIRFRAME Reviews

Great flying model.
    The F5E is a great flying model. This ARF is very easy to put together and it just the right size to carry around in the trunk of the car. I opted to fly with no landing gear and it hand launches quite easily. I used a 3S 2200lipo and 350 watt power system in mine and it had over 1:1 thrust to weight and goes 90+ mph with no mods needed. As long as Hobby Lobby keeps selling airframes I will be a happy repeat customer!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don

Re: F5E TIGER AIRFRAME Reviews

F5E Tiger
    I bought the F5E Tiger RTF package -- since that is no longer available on Hobby Lobby's web site, I figured I would leave my review for the airframe alone:

PROs: Plenty of power. The smoothest running ducted fan I’ve ever owned. Very well designed ducting, and a very smart method of using the ducted air to cool the ESC. Very easy to fly for an experienced pilot. Satisfies the need for speed.

CONs: The J-Power F-5 does not have the “Fit and Finish” quality of the StarMax F-5. Too many colors (black, orange, yellow, blue, white, teal) in the paint scheme. The paint includes quite a bit of overspray, and is easily removed by masking tape during the build process. Flight time is limited to 5 or 6 minutes at 50% throttle. Inadequate cooling for battery. Elevator servo placement will strip servos on belly landings.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Kargl, Guy

Re: F5E TIGER AIRFRAME Reviews

F5E Tiger -- Flys Great -- Doesn\'t LOOK great.
    I bought the F5E Tiger RTF package, which is no longer available on the Hobby Lobby web site. However, I thought I would leave my review here:

PROs: Plenty of power. The smoothest running ducted fan I’ve ever owned. Very well designed ducting, and a very smart method of using the ducted air to cool the ESC. Very easy to fly for an experienced pilot. Satisfies the need for speed.

CONs: The J-Power F-5 does not have the “Fit and Finish” quality of the StarMax F-5. Too many colors (black, orange, yellow, blue, white, teal) in the paint scheme. The paint includes quite a bit of overspray, and is easily removed by masking tape during the build process. Flight time is limited to 5 or 6 minutes at 50% throttle. Inadequate cooling for battery. Elevator servo placement will strip servos on belly landings.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Kargl, Guy