Best one yet
This plane is awesome and my favorite out of the Eurofighter, SU-34, and F-35. Its speed and maneuverability are unrivaled for a stock EDF. I would have given it 5 stars except for a couple of minor things:
1. Two of the thrust vectoring pushrods were the incorrect length. One was too short, the other too long. I had spares so I replaced them both.
2. Minor shipping damage: one of the plastic ball arms was broken off of one of the TV nozzles. Wouldn’t have been a problem (spares are included in the box) except it was glued in already! I shaved down the spare and made it stay on the TV nozzle with liberal amounts of epoxy.
3. A perfect CG is difficult to get without moving the battery back a little bit. If you don’t, you may end up a bit nose heavy. Takeoff in high rate rather than low with vectoring off for your first flight, or you’ll be doing 80 mph before you can get off the ground.
4. The main landing gear wheels don’t hold up well. Make sure you use washers on the sides or they’ll be worn out after the first couple flights. I’ve already had to make two landings sans one main gear tire due to the plastic retainers melting off the end of the axel. I bought new tires and I’m redoing them with brass tubes, washers, and collets so there aren’t any more problems.
Overall, this is an amazing plane. The lights look great and the new servo-less gear is tough as nails. With a little fine tuning it will be absolutely perfect. Great buy.
I give this product 4 stars. Review by Ropelewski, Raymond