At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F/A18 COLORFUL TIGER ARF Reviews

F/A18 COLORFUL TIGER ARF Reviews

Tiger scheme F/A-18 EPO
    This is a very nice little jet. It requires minimal assemble, your in the air in no time. This tiger paint scheme makes visibility very good. I have not tried the landing gear, I hand launch it. It hand launches quite well, just a firm toss into the wind. Sometimes the electronics included with rtf and arf airplanes can be questionable, but I have had no issues whatsoever with the electronics included with this jet. The motor and fan are well balanced and smooth running. The servos work well, and re-center like they should. I own several other ducted fans, and this one is right up there with the best in it's size class. One word of caution....... this is defiantly not for a first time rc pilot. Being small and very fast makes it touchy to control inputs, which makes it fun for experienced pilots but would spell disaster for a new pilot.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by HUGGETT, JASON

Re: F/A18 COLORFUL TIGER ARF Reviews

Excellent little jet
    I have 5 other EDF jets and this one is absolutely the best flying one of the bunch. It has excellent power and superb slow flying ability which makes landing the plane very easy. No, it's not for beginners but if you've mastered basic flight in another plane you won't have any trouble with this one. A lot of EDF planes are basically underpowered but not this one. I use it without the landing gear. It hand launches very easily and I land it on grass. I've also belly landed it on a paved runway and the tough EPO foam shows very little wear. Maybe part of its good flight characteristics are because I don't use the landing gear but regardless, it is a faultless little plane.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Lindauer, Douglas

F/A 18 Canadian Tiger scheme
    I highly recommend this as a first EDF jet. Very easy to put together less then a hour and you are in the air. Good performance from included power system and great flight characteristics. I will have to get one of the other EPO models from J-Power they make planes.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by carter, richard

Great plane, great price, great size!
    I have flown the plan about 5 times now, a few times in pretty stiff winds (approx. 15mph) and it flies beautifully. I fly it without the landing gear because the wheels are too small for grass takeoffs and landings and it looks better in the air w/out gear. Hand launches are a breeze and due to the great slow speed stability, landings are gentle and easy. Even dead-stick landings are uneventful (I've had a few!).
    The model has been flown with the stock setup and battery (11.1V, 20C, 1300mAh Lipo) though I have been using my Futaba computer transmitter. I plan to experiment with different batteries in the coming week (11.1V, 25C, 1750mAh Lipo) and I am hoping for a boost in performance (speed and flight time).
    I have been very pleased with the flight characteristics of the model. It is fast and agile and due to it's agility and responsiveness, I have appreciated the option of using expo in my transmitter. Overall it's a great model at a great price and a fun and nice-looking flyer!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Fry, Timothy

Great plane with great performance!
    I have recently reviewed this aircraft and wanted to give a few updates.
    First, the receiver is Futaba compatible. It accepts Futaba's short crystal type 72-12 and works with both low and high band (I switched mine from channel 52 to channel 16). It may be compatible with other systems as well but I have only tested Futaba.
    Second, upgrading to 11.1V, 25C, 1750mAh battery has made quite a difference. I have noticed an increase in top speed, a significant increase in vertical performance and about 7-8 minute flight times. I am using the Rhino 1750mAh packs and they fit in the stock battery compartment and require NO modifications to maintain CG. I just simply slide the pack as far back in the battery compartment as possible and CG is perfectly maintained.
    You can't go wrong with this plane for the price. Upgrading performance is a cinch, flight times are reasonable and it looks great in the sky!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Fry, Timothy

FA-18
    Was my first EDF, flies nice in "all" directions.
    A bit underpowered.
    Does nice flat spins.
    Had a problem with the included battery, puffed on me during the first use.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by rocketodd

FA-18 Foamy
    My first foam EDF.
    Comes with everything needed.
    A bit underpowered.
    Flies nicely in 'all' directions.
    Nice spins.
    Easily glides.
    Fun little plane....
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by OR D

Bad quality Bad Flyer
    Wingtips were slightly bent upwards. ailerons would not line up against the inside near the airframe or the outside near wingtips so I tried to line up first the inside of the aileron to the airframe then went to the outside both resulted in the same thing 4 flight 4 crashes rolled inverted every time. I think these wingtips had to be the cause right tip bent up slightly more. I thought maybe that's how this model comes. Very upset would not recommend this aircraft.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Henry, Donald