At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Extreme Power Analyzer Reviews

Extreme Power Analyzer Reviews

EXTREME POWER ANALYZER - POOR QUALITY
    Found the internal wiring/soldering to be poorly set up. You have to jiggle things around to make it work and then sometimes it will and sometimes it won't work. Read another reviewer that had the same problem. Thus one can assume it is poorly put together. Addtionally one set of wire connectors with the Dean's Plugs that came with it didn't work at all. Had to plug it directly into my ESC and thus had no extension. However, when you can get it to work, it seems to show the data it says it will. A brand new item shouldn't come with some many flaws. Spend your money on another product besides this one. (Comment from HL: Please contact our service team, that one is clearly defective and we can get you a new one that works properly.)
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by McCune, Brian

Re: Extreme Power Analyzer Reviews

Thumbs Up!
    Overall, this thing works very well even though it does have some quirks. E.g. if you have a 3S battery with an Align balance tap you seem to have to plug it into the 4S socket on the PQ/HP Adapter board. OK. Whatever, right? It's great for checking your battery state after a flight because it will show the % of charge remaining and then, if you hit the"OK" button a second time it shows the voltage level on each cell. I use it after most flights because I don't like to land with less than 20% capacity remaining. I haven't gotten around to using the Watt Meter function yet.

On the con side, the manual is typically crappy. Also, the balance function generally works very well but you have to monitor it. I left a troublesome battery on the balance function overnight and this balancer ran the whole battery down to an extremely low level in an attempt to balance. So low that the whole balancer shut off! I was able to recover the battery by using my Bantam charger in the "charge" mode instead of "balance" and telling it that the battery was 2 cells less that it actually was. This boosted the whole battery back to a level where I could then balance charge it properly. The battery has worked fine since then. But the Extreme PA-010 should never have run it down like that.

Overall though it works very well and I have other people at the field asking me to use it. It's extremely handy so I definitely recommend it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Lindauer, Douglas

Re: Extreme Power Analyzer Reviews

Thumbs Up!
    Overall, this thing works very well even though it does have some quirks. E.g. if you have a 3S battery with an Align balance tap you seem to have to plug it into the 4S socket on the PQ/HP Adapter board. OK. Whatever, right? It\'s great for checking your battery state after a flight because it will show the % of charge remaining and then, if you hit the\"OK\" button a second time it shows the voltage level on each cell. I use it after most flights because I don\'t like to land with less than 20% capacity remaining. I haven\'t gotten around to using the Watt Meter function yet.

On the con side, the manual is typically crappy. Also, the balance function generally works very well but you have to monitor it. I left a troublesome battery on the balance function overnight and this balancer ran the whole battery down to an extremely low level in an attempt to balance. So low that the whole balancer shut off! I was able to recover the battery by using my Bantam charger in the \"charge\" mode instead of \"balance\" and telling it that the battery was 2 cells less that it actually was. This boosted the whole battery back to a level where I could then balance charge it properly. The battery has worked fine since then. But the Extreme PA-010 should never have run it down like that.

Overall though it works very well and I have other people at the field asking me to use it. It\'s extremely handy so I definitely recommend it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Lindauer, Douglas