At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESSKAY OUTRUNNER MOTOR 400XT Reviews

ESSKAY OUTRUNNER MOTOR 400XT Reviews

Excellent motor
    Had this motor for over a year now and it has hauled my lil'banchee all over the sky. I will continue to buy and fly many more parkflyer planes and this is the motor that will be powering them.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Lane, Mike

Re: ESSKAY OUTRUNNER MOTOR 400XT Reviews

sk400xt
    My first airplane was a GWS Slow Flyer with the included brushed inrunner. That inrunner lasted three flights (and three crashes) . Searching for a replacement, I came upon Hobby-Lobby's web site and spotted the sk400xt outrunner. At a price then of $19.90, I couldn't resist. What a great find! That motor got my slowflyer up and running with wing flexing performance that continued through my next slow flyer, and the one after that. The sk400xt had plenty of power to keep these planes flying with an incredible amount of hot glue and tape damage repair.
    Later i purchased an E-flite Tribute with an E-flite brushless inrunner. Upon that motors demise I installed the sk400xt on the Tribute and was amazed at the increase in performance over the original combo. I have three of the sk400xt now, and use them regularly on 36" foamies with consistent and reliable performance. I am very pleased with this motor.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by hansen, david

Great little motor
    Extremely powerful little motor and very reliable. At $20 it's a good deal but often enough these go on sale for even less and then they are very good deals. Put one of these on any 8 ounce plus foamy for great performance. For example, on my Hobby Lobby Yak foamy this motor makes it like a rocket and never seems too taxed.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Petersen, Russell

Great Motors - Perfect 1/2A Engine Replacement
    I purchased one of these motors when it went on sale (I now have 4) a couple years ago. When they are on sale for less than $20 they are a real bargain. I have used them in conversions of my old 1/2A models and they have much more power than the original Cox engines. The weight and mount geometry of the motor is similar to the 1/2A glow engines. I use a CC Phoenix 10 speed Control, 1000 mah 3-cell lipos and 8X6 prop. The combination has the power to pull a 12 -13 ounce 37" span model straight up and it will accelerate while doing it. It also gives 15 minute plus flight times. I have not seen any signs of wear on the oldest motor and it still pulls as strong as it did on the first flight. I like the performance so much that I have started building models just for this motor. Try one - you won't be disappointed.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Brady, Stephen

excellent motors
    I have been using two of these motors for over three years. They have proven themselves in at least 10 different planes. Everything from EPP trainers to pusher jets and gliders. They show no signs of wear and are among the quietest motors at our field. Light in weight and low draw make them a good choice for planes up to a pound.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Selkowitz, Jerry

Great all-around motor!
    Great power for the weight and price! This motor has found a home on a 20oz aileron trainer, a 10oz Reno Racer, and it's outlasted 3 profile foamies. It most recently spent 8 months at the top of a pine tree near Kansas City, MO, and when I finally got it back, it spun up just like new. My favorite props are an 8x6 for sport flying on 3s, and a 9x5 for 3D (3s again). I tried several motors after the 400xt in my trainer and couldn't get the same perfect flights as I had with this motor.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Reinsch, Bobby

Skatty Motor
    I purchased several of these motors when they went on sale at Hobby Lobby. It was my first under $20 motor - and what can I say - I have since purchased 3-4 others! Every single one has performed well. I use them for low cost alternative to AXI motors - in some of my Alfa models.

I have also used this motor on 3s voltage in slow sticks, and on a twin model. They run great at about 110w with a GWS HD 9x5 or 8x6 propeller. I have also used it at 12-12.5 amps on 3s with the APC-sf 8x6 prop. So it is happy at 120w or so.

You just can't beat this motor for the price!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Llewellyn, Mike

400XT Outrunner Motor Works For Me
    I use this where I used an AXI 2208/24 with good results. MS Composite Swift II wing, Riva Sensor motor glider. It's inexpensive, so I don't have to wait until I have motor money. I just bought several at once. Pros: Inexpensive, mount included, good power, light weight, dependable. Cons: No prop adapter included, can't mount behind firewall. I like it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Pennepacker, Jesse

A great 400 size BL motor
    I use several of these on my Thunder & Lightnings and recently installed two of them into a Multiplex TwinStar II. They are easy to mount, very reliable, and worth buying when they are on sale ($17-$20 on HL). My setup is typically a 20-amp speed controller, 3S 1350mAh Lipo, turning an 8x6 or 9x5 GWS HD prop. You can also increase the prop size to 10" if you decrease the pitch to 4". This provides adequate thrust on smaller 3D style foamies. You can't go wrong...this is a very good motor.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Ray, Lee

perfect fit for the Multiplex Mini Mag and it Hauls !
    I bought this motor at an indoor show about 5 years ago and never got around to using it until i purchased the multiplex minimag. it fits the mount like it was made for it and really pulls the the plane good with a 10*3.8 apc prop.. cant go wrong with this motor and the price is right also...! go for it ! pull the trigger on this one ! ( make sure you use a prop saver with this set-up) wayne ... boonville indiana.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by carter, wayne