At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EASYSTAR READY-TO-FLY Reviews

EASYSTAR READY-TO-FLY Reviews

Best Beginner's Plane...Ever!
    Without a doubt the greatest beginners plane ever! Easy to assemble and easy to fly. With the rear-mounted motor you don't have to worry about those embarrassing prop strikes. I've flown this into the side of a real airplane hanger...twice... with minimal damage. Very stable in flight. And there's all sorts of cool mods you can make to it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Zuchero, David

Re: EASYSTAR READY-TO-FLY Reviews

A good start
    The Easy Star was my second RC plane. The first didn't work out too well and ended it's life in the top of a very tall tree. In contrast, I found the Easy Star to be a very good entry into the world of RC flying.
    Assembly took about the advertised time and was very straight forward. When bonding the fuselage together it is pretty easy to get a twist locked in; but I caught that potential oops just in time (before the glue dried) and it ultimately cured with good alignment.
    My first launch was without incident although I've since learned that a little up elevator is really not needed as it launches best with a neutral elevator position. It flies away smoothly with no need to rush to the controls. To me, it's still a little twitch in pitch plus throttle changes produce a big effect on pitch trim, probably due to the high thrust line. Roll seems a little wobbly but that may be the case with any high dihedral, two control beginner plane.
    I've been able to loop it and still take it home in one piece. I don't have enough down elevator to maintain inverted flight and don't want to increase elevator deflection ranges as it would get way too twitchy for me, so I'll stick to dirty side down flights.
    All in all, I would recommend the Easy Star as a good first RC plane. I gave it a 4 rating since no plane is perfect! I'm now getting ready to fly my next plane; the Super Miss - film at eleven.
    Lance
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Neibauer, Lance

EasyStar RTF Parkflyer-At last a real beginner's delight!
    The description of this flyer is right on target.

Almost totally crash-proof, easy to fly, this is what I wish I had started with before all the other planes which caused a lot of beginner frustration in "getting it right".

My first flight with EasyStar was a totally pleasing experience. I flew it on a cool autum day in a grass field park with no wind. After switching it on and advancing the transmitter to full power, and holding little up elevator, I gave it a strait forward hand launch expecting it to dive into the ground like previous "beginner" planes. Instead, it climbed smoothly, tracking upward with little correction on my part.

Before I knew it the EasyStar was getting quite a distance from me so I gave it some left turn and It made a wide downward turn towards me. I straightened it and gave it some up elevator to make up for the loss of altitude. Then after flying it straight I eased back on the power and it slowed to a modest decent heading right towards me. As it flew over my head (nose pointing slightly down) I gave it a slight up elevator and it slid on the grass field
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Meresman, Larry

Great Airplane
    This is the absolute best beginner airplane that i have ever seen! I built the the kit in under 2 hours with foam safe CA. The directions were straight forward and easy to follow and there were even pictures to aid you with the assembly!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Ostrowski, Steven

Great Beginner
    I bought the EasyStar after I learned some hard lessons with the Bellanca Decathlon plane which is supposedly a beginner plane as well but it wasn't so easy for me. Anyway, the EasyStar was exactly what I was looking for. Its a durable, well constructed plane that is tailor made for beginning flyers. Its a slow flyer that really helped me to get the basic controls down without having to react so quickly to wrong movements with the stick. When the battery dies, as long as you have enough altitude, the plane will glide perfectly back to earth. I highly recommend this plane to novice flyers just getting into the hobby.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Swafford, Nick

easy is right
    Easiest plane to learn on- crash and tape and fly again. Just get it, have no fear, it will help you learn. You will destroy your fist plane. This is the one. you will tape and glue entire plane before you retire this. It will teach you very very well and provide confidence.

Throw and go!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Multiplex Easystar
    Very Durable beginner aircraft with a great deal of modification potential and possibilities. It flies great in nearly all conditions and is light enough it can thermal a little. One of my favorites.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Groden, Mark

EasyStar RTF Electric Parkflyer
    I got my EasyStar for Christmas,so it is fairly new.It glides very well.It has a few problems: you can't fly it in the wind,when you bring it for a landing if you don't land it right u'll end up w/ a bend nose.It is a great beginner!!! If you do get one u'll like it.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by evans, landon

Easy F
    excellent plane
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by barrenechea, fernando

Rugged Beginner Aircraft
    Excellent starter plane. My first RC plane and I've crashed it many times hard, but with a little duct tape its back in the air. Just wish the motor was slightly more powerful and that the battery lasted a little longer but with the help of a few decent thermals, a solid 10 minute flight is easy.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by S., Benny