At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Durable Micro Heli, RTF, IR Control Reviews

Durable Micro Heli, RTF, IR Control Reviews

Steal of a deal
    Bought one for my son for his birthday at 11am on Nov 27th. It was great flying and easy for him to use. Very tough little copter. Went back at 5:30 to make sure I got one for myself. New to hobby but it is amazingly stable and fast. Super value. Could easy be a steal at $50. Hobby Lobby employees with take great care of you.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Reed, Jason

Re: Durable Micro Heli, RTF, IR Control Reviews

Easy to fly
    Got this for a 7yr old for Xmas 2010. I had to try it out to be sure it worked and it flies like a dream. Easy to control and can't be beat for the price. Will have to wait till the 7yr old gets it to test out the durable part.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Stewart, Tim

Great
    I have flown planes 6-7 years ago, I was not great, but eventually got so most landings weren't crashes. In those days, a helicopter was out of the question.

I charged the battery, and pushed up on the power and this thing just flies. Straight as an arrow. Small drafts do push it around. While this will be obvious to those who have flown a coaxial before, they know that you can go forward and reverse, but turning, turns the direction of the copter, it won't make the copter fly sideways (you wouldn't want that) but you have to remember, to go to the right you must first point the noise in that direction.

Stuff not included in the description:

The copter is charged from the transmitter. A small cable comes out. The charge time is stated at 30 minutes. Flight time is 8-10 minutes. That's a great flight to charge time.

The control is IR not RF, but who cares? Seem to work great.

This thing is sooo much fun for $30. What really sold me on it was how durable it appears in the video.

The technology has progressed so much in the last few years.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Socash, Robert

Micro heli versus. poinsettia.
    I bought two for our grandsons who are ten and six. On Christmas eve before the first charge was exhausted they had both mastered the basics of controlling the helicopters. Great value for the money and easy to fly. They even managed to fly through a poinsettia. Helicopter 1, poinsettia 0.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Ramoie, Daniel

Fantastic micro
    I've got a couple of the "tv commercial" micro helis, and they are fun...but this thing is fantastic. We got one for my 4 year old son and one for my father in law for Christmas and they are worth every penny. The on/off switch on the heli is a bit hard to see, but flight is rock-solid. Instead of the "hog" circle flight, these things hover stable as can be, and the right stick is full control...right/left rotation and forwards/backwards. The design is brilliant...easy to fly and a blast. I have to fly my other helis in the basement where I have plenty of room, but I've been able to navigate this thing through the tightest of spots in the living room, dining room, kitchen, etc. Highly recommended over the same price big-box store versions and television versions.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Carpenter, Jason

Super Stable!
    Wow, what a great little heli. We got two of them for our kids (and me) for Christmas. I can't believe how stable and precise they are. The will both fly at the same time by just moving the switch on the transmitter to different channels. The IR reception is very good - still have control even behind the couch or around the corner! I can't comment too much yet on their durability, as we haven't had any hard crashes, but they seem to be fairly flexible and break resistant. For the same price as a 2 channel Air Hogs heli, this one is far superior.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Franzen, David

Great Little Heli at a Great Price
    Had this for about two weeks and am really enjoying it. Flies extremely well (and I am not an experienced heli pilot). It is easy to hoover with no input besides throttle. As the long flight continues a little trim is needed to stop it from slightly rotating clockwise but it is easy to correct with a tap of the rocker switch.

Because of it's small size and excellent control it is easy to fly in a small room. I regularly buzz around a 10' x 12' room with furniture, book cases, TV, etc. with no problem. I crash it on a very regular basis trying to land on things or fly under things I shouldn't. It is also kind of fun to try to brush the wall or ceiling and still recover before it hits the floor (about 25% of the time). But as the online video shows, this little bird is VERY tough and can take the abuse.

All up it is a great little heli and to me easily worth the $30 selling price.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Macke, Ray

Mini Helicopter JP1950
    Bought first one, # 004 -Connect Pole disappeared after 3RD flight, after run in with wall. Things happen!!! Liked first one so I bought another. Second one #004 Connect Pole disappeared after 2ND flight landing in short grass. Advertisment missleading. Not as rugged a lead to believe . 2 toy helicpters $60.00 Pay shipping twice $20.00 Total $80.00. I could have flown in a real helicopter for a $100.00 that would have lasted alot longer than the combined flight time of the two Mini Helicopters. They were fun to fly while they were flyin though
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Crisp, Carl

Great Little Whirlybird, Airhogs....LOOKOUT!
    I purchase two as gifts and they both have flown flawlessly. Best Bang for the Buck in a small package. Flight times are running about 10 min. Both have taken ceiling high crashes to the hard floor and still keep on going. Very stable and Great for Beginners in all flight modes thanks to the heading lock gyro. Will not be disappointed should you purchase one. Hobby Lobby has a winner with this little jewel.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Thomas, Steven

micro heli rtf ir radio
    it is the best helicopter in the hole world
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by vujinovic, semra