At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: BL Outrunner,480 Size,900KV Reviews

BL Outrunner,480 Size,900KV Reviews

Not happy with the warranty situation at this point
    Well I bought one of these motors from a hobby store that was 2 hours away for Christmas it says it has a year warranty. I just got my plane together about a week ago for it 3-31 and took the motor out of the box and mounted it on the plane tried to do a run up test on the motor it was very load and had a distinct squeal to it. I powered down and spun it by hand and could feel a distinct rough spot in the motor when spun. I called customer service and they told me I could send it back. I have not been able to get any further information at this time they did say they would replace it. So as of now I have paid the shipping to send it back and the 21.95 + the 9.00 shipping so I guess I should have just bought a better name brand motor. I have a fly in scheduled next week and for now am just going to order one of hobbypartz motors to go in the plane for now and hope they replace this one very disappointed in the customer service at this point will post further when I find out anything. Apparently they only have one guy that can handle sending a product back to someone and he is very hard to find out anything from.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Morrison, Jody

Re: BL Outrunner,480 Size,900KV Reviews

Would Not recommend
    Would not recommend these motors I bought one and it went out within 5 flights sent it in for replacement and the replacement went out after about 7 flights. I know it is not my setup I am a very experienced electric RC'er. I have replaced it with another motor and have at least 40 to 50 flights on that motor without any problems. I am just out 30 bucks here. (Comment from HL: We fully warranty these for a year. It sounds like this customer was using the motor beyond it's rated specs.)
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Morrison, Jody